Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yippeee! Happy New Ergo Day!
    Ordered from Diapers.com yesterday afternoon, and it arrived this morning. Yeah! Now I just need my baby so I can try it out! Being at work blows.
    Becca- 02/2009

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I didn't get my Ergo until my DD was 2.5 years old. We went on a cruise with her and I didn't want to take a stroller. WE both loved it! I could carry her for hours without hurting my back (and I have a bad back). I never did the hip carry, so I can't comment on that, we always did the back carry, which DD loved.

I have the backpack. I love it because 1. you can attach it to the carrier if need be, 2. DH can carry it when we are out and about together, 3. DD uses it still to this day to take things to daycare, playdates, overnight stays, etc. I have found the backpack VERY useful.

this comments a little late...but i wanted to chime in.

i use the ergo with my 26.5 pound 2 year old dd still. nearly every day. she insists on walking everywhere...for the first 10 minutes, then she wants to be carried. so no more stroller for us, and i can't carry her without the ergo for long. we do the front, hip, and back carry. it is the best option for airports too! though, i do find that i can't do the hip carry for as long as the other two positions comfort-wise.

i also have the ergo backpack. love it. i find the ergo doesn't get any airflow through the thick fabric anyway, so the backpack doesn't impede airflow. also, it detaches easily, so dh can carry it when he's around. the backpack has a way to get into it on the side so you can reach something when the baby is on your back. it also has a little side pocket for a bottle, sippy cup, etc.

the little pocket on the ergo doesn't fit much. plus, it is right on their back. so if you put something like keys, etc, i'm always afraid that will be too uncomfortable for the kid.

of all baby items we got, this one has outlasted everything and been the most useful!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2