Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Just wanted to bump to say that Mimi the Sardine long-sleeved bibs are featured on Babysteals today-2 for $20+ S&H

http://www.babysteals.com/

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Darn, I missed the long sleeved bibs on babysteals!

Yes, they are expensive, but I am a big fan of the bumpkin long sleeve and supersized bibs. I've got some of the short sleeved ones as well for the summer. My DD is 3.5 and she still wears both--especially for messy foods. I hate getting stains out of laundry, and her clothes still look brand new b/c of these bibs. Now that she is getting older and no longer uses the highchair, the supersized bib is really great for keeping things off the bottom of her clothes.

If she's got a nice dress on and we are at a restaurant, I'll double up the longsleeve bib and the supersized long bib to keep her clean. I usually throw them in the wash, but many people hand wash. When we are traveling, I wash in the sink, shake, and lay it out to dry in the car. Dry by next meal.

I've got a few of the SillyBilly (sp?) too, but do not like as much b/c they do not have a pocket to catch stuff. They also cannot be washed out by hand and quickly dried for when we are on the go.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

ONE WORD - BUMKINS....we've had the same bib (we have 3 of them for my two kiddo's) for 4 years...used daily and they are still fantastic!!! THE JR. BIB is best for toddlers/older kids.

They still fit my DD who is almost 7 (she's skinny), she'll wear it at home when eating messy foods.

They are lightweight and can be rinsed out and hung to dry and ready by the next meal.

They have a very durable velcro closure at the back.

BRU now carries them and online everywhere, lots of cute patterns.

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

recommend the Bibbity bib (Kiddopotomus) and Bumpkins- the Bibbity was used daily- easy to rinse or throw in dishwasher....

I picked up a Bumkins one recently from Babies R Us for less than $7...it was the Dr. Seuss pattern. I've been very happy with it. I also bought the Mimi the Sardine ones that were on babysteals this morning and hope they work out.

For Mimi the Sardine bibs...it looked like in the picture that it closes with ties in the back? I hope it uses velcro or snaps...how annoying it would be to have to tie it! Can anyone verify?

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sansdieu View Post
    Do a search on this board for silly billyz (or silly billyz) to see other posters' reviews

http://www.sillybillyzusa.com/longsleeve_bibs

Their sleeved bibs are the best (you can buy them USED with confidence -- they hold up extremely well). You can wash them on hot; dry them in the dryer... they're terrific! And they're free of PVC, phtalates, and other bad stuff that comes with many wipeable bibs. I did use Ikea bibs for a while; they're great, but they run small, and their lining started to crack after just a couple of washes. DD is nearly 2.5, and we still use Silly Billyz daily, and they still look new.

Their new designs seem a bit different from mine (mine has velcro; new ones have snaps), but fundamentally, they're the same -- nylon + fleece in the front.

I much prefer them to the more expensive Bumkins.
    Ooo, those look good! I'm ordering 2 of the "messy eater" bibs right now! I have 2 bumkins sleeved bibs from DS1 but they are old and are ripping where the ties and pocket connect. I wanted to order more bumkins, but Amazon won't have them available for more than a month. Do you wash the silly billyz by hand or in the wash? What I liked about the bumkins is that I could wash them by hand really fast and they'd be dry a few hours later. DS2 is super messy and we have to have sleeves that are gathered tightly at the end or else food ends up on his shirt sleeves. Those sardine sleeved bibs don't have gathers at the end so wouldn't work for us.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I wanted to order more bumkins, but Amazon won't have them available for more than a month. Do you wash the silly billyz by hand or in the wash? What I liked about the bumkins is that I could wash them by hand really fast and they'd be dry a few hours later. DS2 is super messy and we have to have sleeves that are gathered tightly at the end or else food ends up on his shirt sleeves. Those sardine sleeved bibs don't have gathers at the end so wouldn't work for us.
    I just ordered (and received) Bumkins LS bibs from kidsurplus http://www.kidsurplus.com/search.asp...d+bib&x=16&y=6 There was a FS code at the time (it expired on the 16th) but they have free/low shipping promotions fairly often so you might want to keep an eye out (right now you need to spend $99 for $1.99 shipping which is not a great deal IMO. Last month $25 qualified for $1.99 shipping and FS for $50+)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Ooo, those look good! I'm ordering 2 of the "messy eater" bibs right now! I have 2 bumkins sleeved bibs from DS1 but they are old and are ripping where the ties and pocket connect. I wanted to order more bumkins, but Amazon won't have them available for more than a month. Do you wash the silly billyz by hand or in the wash? What I liked about the bumkins is that I could wash them by hand really fast and they'd be dry a few hours later. DS2 is super messy and we have to have sleeves that are gathered tightly at the end or else food ends up on his shirt sleeves. Those sardine sleeved bibs don't have gathers at the end so wouldn't work for us.
    I do both. I machine-wash them every time I run my washer (well, almost every time), and then I usually dry them in the dryer or sometimes just hang them to dry (after my front-loading machine, they're dry in less than 1 hr).

After each meal, depending on how messy it was (think yogurt vs. pasta), I either wipe them or give them a quick hand wash (without soap, usually -- you can just rub the fleecy part, and stuff comes right off, if it's fresh), and hang them over my kitchen faucet to drip-dry. When it stops dripping (< 1 hr), it goes on the towel hook to finish drying. They DO take longer than Bumkins to dry when hand-washed; however, never more than 4-5 hours total. The reason I know is that I only use 3, so even when DD ate every 2 hours, I always had a dry one ready for her. I'd always have one drip-drying on the faucet, the other, nearly dry, on the towel hook, and the third completely dry -- and they'd all switch places around every meal in a nice, clockwork, rotation. Now, she doesn't eat as often, so I could probably make do with 2, if I wanted to.

The ones that I have do not have a crumb-catcher pocket, which would have been a nice feature. But, I understand, the "messy eaters" can be tied up to create one? Not sure, since I just own the regular, long-sleeved ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2