Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lowrioh is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I agree with the PP that a bleach solution will do the trick on cinder block and non-porous surfaces. We had some mold on our unpainted cinder block wall and I sprayed it with a bleach solution and then scrubbed it really well using a new toilet brush to make sure I got in all the holes. My DH then painted with dry-lock and it was good to go. Drylock stinks so make sure you have plenty of ventilation before you start.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrioh View Post
    I agree with the PP that a bleach solution will do the trick on cinder block and non-porous surfaces. We had some mold on our unpainted cinder block wall and I sprayed it with a bleach solution and then scrubbed it really well using a new toilet brush to make sure I got in all the holes. My DH then painted with dry-lock and it was good to go. Drylock stinks so make sure you have plenty of ventilation before you start.
    Thank you, this is exactly what our scenario is. We've removed the dry wall and I was wanting to treat the cinder block.

Thanks to all!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HIU8 View Post
    We had black mold in our basement. I used clorox mixed with water-sprayed it on and let it sit, then I scrubbed it off. It took everything off right away. Really the only way to prevent it's return is to fix the issue that caused the water damage. Otherwise, no matter how many times you clean it, it will continue to come back.

I would echo this along with the Kilz like Sewarsh recommended. When we have rental properties inspected and they find mold, it's what the city recommends that we do to fix the problem.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2