Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Question recommendations for nice restaurant in Dallas area?

so DH's parents are in town for the weekend and thus DH & I are planning to go out for a "date night" tonight (with a baby these days we always take advantage of any time we can be alone together!). also, i just realized that yesterday was our 5-year dating anniversary (yay!) and so we would like to go out somewhere extra nice to celebrate. soo...just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a fancy, non-kid-friendly restaurant in the Dallas area that has great food. we have not been living here for that long so we don't really know that many restaurants in the area other than chains like CPK, olive garden, etc.

thanks in advance!

mctlaw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hi, I do not live in the area but just wanted to suggest that you check out tripadvisor.com. I use it for selecting not only hotels/B&B's, but also restaurants in unfamiliar cities. The reviews address price, kid-friendliness, etc. Hope this helps. Have fun on your date night!
    MC

Fair Queen-Ruler of the House of Boys
    Mom to DS 3/06
    DS 2 6/12
    and a 12 year old (boy) min pin

dallas is the CAPITAL of chain restaurants-- if you can think of a chain (nice or casual) -- they will have it

i lived there in highschool, so i can't really think of something "special" or even local right now. i know it has to exist though...hrm. we lived off "lovers lane" for a while, (my dad lived in an apartment before we moved with him)-- it was a neat are that had shopping/restaurants/a artsy movie house. maybe something in that area? there are also great places to have afternoon tea in dallas-- but your hubby might not go for that that's probably more a "girls treat."

hopefully someone will chime in inlaw or my folks visits are the only times DH & i really go out too-- and our child is TWO have fun!

if anything pops into my head, i'll reply again.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What area would you like to go to? What kind of food would you like? How much would you like to spend?

Offhand, two of our favorite restaurants to go w/o Ellie that aren't super expensive are:

La Duni http://www.laduni.com/

Taverna http://www.tavernabylombardi.com/

Both have a couple of different locations in the city, but both have locations in the Knox-Henderson area.

We've taken DD with us to La Duni before, but we prefer to go w/o her! We'd also take her to Taverna, but haven't.

See what you think of those and we can work from there!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks everyone for the replies, have all been helpful. as for area, we like the knox-henderson area and also downtown dallas (fort worth/arlington is too far for us, as well as unfamiliar). as for how much $ to spend, nothing too outrageous but maybe something that is $30+ a plate kind of thing..we are basically looking for a quiet, romantic restaurant (somewhere where it would mostly be couples celebrating special occasions... no kids, no large groups). last time we went for a date night at a really great place in downtown mckinney and while the food was *amazing*, it was LOUD and DH and I had trouble maintaining a conversation, we had to shout at each other to make ourselves heard!

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was going to recommend Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek because my parents have gone there when visiting my brother in Dallas - BUT I just checked out the menu online and on the prices.

http://www.mansiononturtlecreek.com/dine1.cfm
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sushi Sake! (If you like sushi, that is)
    http://www.sushi-sake.com/

Or someplace like the melting pot or simply fondue (those are chains, but GREAT places to go celebrate something, it's quiet, and dinner takes a LONG time

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, I retract my la duni and taverna recommendations! I'll keep thinking, but check out opentable.com for restaurant ideas.

Maybe Stephan Pyles? No kids, but it's pretty busy so I'm not sure it would meet the quiet requirement.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elliput View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast