♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default i ♥ the Nap Nanny!!

so last week DS started having issues with congestion..dont' know if it was the sky-high pollen levels or what but he was having have trouble sleeping, especially during the day. Some days after 2pm or so, DS would not nap more than 10 mins at a time...by the time 8pm rolled around he would be overtired and cranky, he would be so restless before he finally went to sleep. We tried using saline solution to help the congestion but that would only help so much and it would keep coming back. soo..we decided to get a Nap Nanny at a local baby store. after we let it sit for a day or two (it has a slight smell) and i washed the cover, i tried it this morning after DS kept waking up in his crib from his morning nap.

Well right now my DS has been napping in it for over TWO HOURS which is so unusual, the only time he sleeps for that long during the day is when we are in the car or if he's in the infant swing (and i don't like to leave him in the swing for that long).

Anyway, it's $140 but it is well worth it IMO. Didn't hear of it until last week from other ppl on another forum who were discussing reflux/gassiness issues in their babies, and they all told me it really helped. I figured it would help with congestion too and it has. Anyway, just thought I would mention it here, hopefully it may help someone.

My three week old has new gas issues and possible reflux and I'm looking at it right now, but the price is awfully steep. Will it work if we swaddle her?
    Michelle
    Miss E: 2/25/2010
    Baby Noname: EDD 10/10/2016
    Naughty kitties: Leo, Billy, and Dora

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by michellerw View Post
    My three week old has new gas issues and possible reflux and I'm looking at it right now, but the price is awfully steep. Will it work if we swaddle her?
    hmm, not sure about swaddling with it....if u see the pics on the Nap Nanny website, there a little thing on the bottom where you strap the baby in (it goes between the legs), so i don't think you can strap them in while they're swaddled. i guess it would be ok not to strap baby in if you are there watching him/her, but then i guess that sort of defeats one of the main purpose of it (i bought it so i could actually get stuff done during the day, while DS napped)