Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    alien_host is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default More Random Questions...about Bay Lake Tower

EDITED POST VISIT in case anyone wants to know

So has anyone stayed recently? Do they provide coffee filters for the coffee maker?

1) DH loves his coffee so I thought we'd pack some ground beans and sugar packets and make coffee in the room to start the day. I'm wondering what kind of coffee filters the maker takes (cone size 4?) and if I should bring extra filters or if they provide those.

I told you it was random!

As egoldber said, the flat bottom 10-12 cup filters are what they take. There was a coffee packet there, I'm guessing contained in a filter that we did not open. It was nice to have our Starbucks

We are booked through a friend's DVC points, so I don't know if that makes a difference on when they stock the room with stuff like dish soap, laundry soap etc. They haven't stayed at the BLT or I'd ask them

2) Should I bring some of those Finish dishwasher tabs? Or do they give you enough soap to run the dishwasher....IIRC there is a dishwasher right?

They provided 4 packets of dish washer powder.

3) Would you bother bringing Disney movie DVDs to watch?

I brought, but we never used them

Any other things I should pack that I'm not thinking of?

Paper towels, cloth dish towels, sponge, palmolive dish soap and a stove cleaner were provided.

Bathroom had facial soap, bath soap, shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. They added new ones on towel service day.
    Last edited by alien_host; 05-17-2010 at 07:41 PM.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The DVC coffee makers are all the same. They all take flat bottom, 10-12 cup filters. We pack our own filters and our own coffee.

They provide dishwasher soap. There is also liquid soap in the room (Palmolive). They give you a box of Tide to start with (like you can buy in a laundromat). No dryer sheets, but I always pack 3-4 dryer sheets in a sandwich bag. (I tear them in half when I use them, but I do that at home too.) They will replenish when they re-stock your room on your trash&towel day. Remember that staying DVC you don't get trash&towel service every day.

As for the movies, DVC members can "rent" movies for free from the Community Center at each DVC resort. Otherwise there is a small fee, so I guess that is up to you. You do need to show a DVC member card to rent those movies.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    The DVC coffee makers are all the same. They all take flat bottom, 10-12 cup filters. We pack our own filters and our own coffee.
    Very good to know, thanks Beth...of course our home coffee maker takes #4 filters.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Yes, ours too. but we have a stash of "hotel filters" that we take on vacation.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Very good to know, thanks Beth...of course our home coffee maker takes #4 filters.
    yes, Beth thanks for the info...now I need to get some "hotel" filters

Thanks for the other info too, I think I'll bring a few movies along.

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We brought Pyrex 3-in-1 laundry detergent/dryer sheets for our last trip to BLT- very handy and no worries about it pouring out in our luggage! You can usually get the 30 pack (I think it's 30) on sale for $5.99 at the grocery store at home.

I just got back today from our trip and we stayed in Bay Lake. Filters and coffee were provided along with creamer and sweetners.

HTH,

Melissa

Quote Originally Posted by melissaflorida View Post
    I just got back today from our trip and we stayed in Bay Lake. Filters and coffee were provided along with creamer and sweetners.

HTH,

Melissa

Oh good to know!

Another question - are paper towels or dish towels provided for the kitchen?

thanks!

Filters and coffee were provided
    Really? Do you mean the coffee "packets"? Or real filters?

Also FYI, sometimes a previous guest will leave something behind in a room and housekeeping will leave it (or miss it when they cleaned). But we are super picky about our coffee and always bring our own.

There should be both a roll of paper towels and dish towels in the room.

ETA: Somewhere on allears.net there is a list of what is provided in the DVC rooms. I can never remember where it is, but I can usually find it by Googling.

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

How did you enjoy your stay? I do recall both paper towels and dish towels as well as sponges being provided.

PS just noticed in my previous post I suggested you buy Pyrex to wash your clothes....umm, that was Purex! LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast