Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I lost so easily and fast with ds1 that I was so bummed with the slow going with ds2. Then, at like 4-5m, almost overnight I dropped a ton of the weight. It was crazy and I had really started despairing.

Beth

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thx everyone for the responses, makes me a feel better that i'm not the only one. i guess i was still so shocked because pretty much EVERYONE i talked to told me how breastfeeding = faster postpartum weightloss. even at my breastfeeding & childbirth classes at the hospital, the instructors kept mentioning how weightloss is so much faster with breastfeeding and that was one of the benefits of nursing. some people in the class even mentioned it as their main motivation for wanting to nurse (it wasn't mine, but i expected it as a positive side-effect, since that's what everyone told me).

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Also talk to your mom if you are close because weight gained in pregnancy and how quickly it's lost is really hereditary because you inherit your body type from your parents.
    well the thing is my mom had a very different pregnancy experience, so it's hard to compare.. she had major morning sickness (so much that with both pregnancies she didn't gain any weight at all) so after giving birth she was the same weight (or maybe less) than she was pre-prego. also, my mom couldn't BF me..she did BF my brother but only for a couple months and i think she supplemented with formula as well

Quote Originally Posted by alirebco View Post

How much did you gain? I gained 50 pounds so I lost some right away and since I had more to lose, it came off quicker than some others.
    i gained 30 lbs. i lost 10 with delivering DS, then nothing nothing nothing. i guess i'm odd because the majority of people i know told me they lost 20+ lbs in the first 6 weeks, and only had the last 5-10 lbs to go after that, which took a lot longer. i accept the fact that the last 5-10 or so may take a lot longer lose (esp if you're BF'ing), but i did not expect to not lose ANYTHING at all after 2-3 months, KWIM?

and re: the stroller fit classes, i am definitely going to check in to that. my local mall has one every weekday starting at 9am, and at first i figured that was waay to early for me (up until a week or so ago i didn't get out of bed for the day untill 9 or 10 usually) but now that my DS is sleeping for longer stretches at night and i'm getting more rest i can get up earlier and might be able to do it. right now stroller fitness classes are really my only option, as i can do it with DS there and don't have to leave him at home with DH and have to pump and prepare a bottle etc
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 03-26-2010 at 10:46 PM.

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another for you from another one who was VERY disappointed not to lose weight breastfeeding, because, like you, EVERYONE I heard and read said I would. I too had to wear maternity pants back to work, and I too hated having people ask when I was expecting anytime I was out without the baby.

I think it was around 3-4 months PP that at least I finally lost the extra weight in my face. . . not enough to show up on the scales, but enough to help me feel a little better about myself.

I then started hearing that some moms dropped weight dramatically once their children were weaned. . . but I was pregnant again when that happened, so I never got to find out if that line would have been true or not.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You are only 11 wks pp and worrying about wt loss? Please don't be so hard on yourself. Most women FME don't start to shed most of their pregnancy lbs until the baby is about 9 mo old. My theory on that is that usually that is when babies start to crawl and aren't as interested in nursing and are starting to get more into solids. Just hang in there. I don't know if you are a sahm or wohm, but I really enjoyed mommy and me stroller class with my two older children. If you want to be able to work out and not leave your baby, I highly recommend this. Not only do you get to exercise, BUT you get that social aspect of mtg other moms and when you baby is older, it's a playdate too. I think there is a national group called stroller strides, but in my area, a woman just started it on her own and I've met some good friends through the class. I am going to start it again the upcoming school yr when both of my older kids are in school and I just have my youngest.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

MZS V is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Hugs, OP! After my initial post-delivery water weight loss, I didn't really lose a lot until baby was 6-9 months old. I know everyone is different, but for me, the key to losing from BFing, has been doing it to the one year mark and beyond.
    Hope you start to see changes and feel better SOON!

Mama V
    Psalm 113:9
    DD 09

catpagmo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I know it's hard when you're waiting for the weight to come off, but I would stop looking at the scale...for a long time.

I just saw the Vogue cover that supermodel Giselle (I think that's her name) did, and looked at the inside photos. She was horse-back riding at 6 weeks pp and looked amazing! I hate her. It is these kinds of things that make us feel like something is wrong with us. I had to remind myself that she is a model, and that is how she makes money. So, she needs to look amazing. She may have had some surgery, or delivered early, or who knows what to look that way in such a short period of time. I still hate her, though.

Don't be so hard on yourself, mama!
    DD 12/05
    DS 02/09

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2