View Poll Results: How many diaper bags to you have?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll

12 13.95%

24 27.91%

18 20.93%

12 13.95%

7 8.14%
  • more than 5

13 15.12%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Honestly, none.

For daily use, I just put stuff in my big purse. For longer trips, I use one of my messenger bags with compartments &/or keep stuff in the trunk of the car.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Technically we have three, but one is only going to be used a diaper bag:
    freebie from the hospital, which DH quickly took and started using for hunting stuff
    Eddie Bauer diaper messenger bag; used this for DD and it was a great bag, but it was really starting to show it's age, so now DH has appropriated it and it's DH's second hunting bag.
    Ju Ju Be Be Spicy in Lotus Lullaby

Quote Originally Posted by cndnveggie View Post
    Prior to discovering the Ju-Ju-Be Pink Room over a year ago, I would have said just 1. Now I have to say 7 All JJB's - two Betweens, two Be Smalls, a MiniBe, a BRB, and a WannaBe. Oh, and two Be Changeds (but I don't count those as diaper bags, more glorified changing pads ) The Pink Room totally sucked me in!!!
    That place is dangerous! I like reading everyone's posts, but since I am a minimalist for the most part that was why I bought the Be Spicy instead of the BeTween, and a Mighty Be (plus I really wanted the Sangria Mighty Be and that is no where to be found these days). I am thinking about a checkbook cover (as I do need one) and maybe one of the BeLight bags.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-29-2010 at 11:37 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have 3, but I only use one of them.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have 5 but 2 were free from the hospital...so they don't count right???
    Of the other 3- one I don't ever use (it's a pottery barn kids bag), one is an llbean diaper bag that I use on occasion and the last is the lands end backpack I just got a couple of weeks ago and so far really like. And actually I use the 2 free ones...one is exclusively used for the sitter's house and the other is nice and small so I use it offen on short trips to the store or a playdate.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

I have 5 but IT'S NOT MY FAULT!

MIL had one made for each of the 2 younger ones, but they're soooo not my style. They're cute fabrics, but I like diaper bags that don't look like diaper bags, and I certainly don't like cloth bags. I use them for overnight stays or babysitters. I also make sure they go with us when we go visit MIL or when they come here. Luckily they only do that every couple of months.

Diaper bag #3 is a bag that I got from Target. It's a canvas bag with lots of pockets, but the bag is too thin and too deep, and the outside pockets are hard to access. It was my main bag for #2 after my PPB knock off cratered.

Diaper bag #4 is my beloved Amy Michelle Gladiola bag from ebags in green. It's the perfect bag. It's roomy enough for all my crap for myself and 3 kids, and it looks like a stylish purse. It's got great outer pockets with magnetic closures on all of them, and lots of inner pockets. And the stroller straps are fabulous.

Diaper bag #5 is my newest splurge, and a total impulse buy from babysteals a couple of weeks ago. It's a fleurville g-luxe in white. I have wanted this bag since I first got pregnant, but wasn't willing to shell out the $ for it. When it came up on babysteals I caved. I haven't even used it yet, but I think it'll be a great bag when the baby is out of the "can't leave the house without taking half of the nursery" stage.

So out of 5 bags, I only really use 1, and I have a backup for smaller outings or for the toddler days when you don't need quite so much crap. Both of them look like purses though, so I can use them later on too.

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I voted 1 but that's only because it's the only bag made to be a diaper bag. I use mostly totes or just whatever bag I'm carrying now.

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

I need to change my vote. Originally I had 2 and was planning on buying two more but I think I will be sticking with only one more, the lands end back pack and not the vera bradley (even though it's 20% off the sale price of the pattern I want) For now 3 is enough....or is it

UPDATE: In my typical style at the last moment I decided to go with the ju ju be be right back instead of the Land End back pack. (I had to make a decision as we have a trip to NYC in 2 weeks to go house hunting) I hope I made the right choice.
    Last edited by Armywife1stDr2nd; 04-01-2010 at 08:56 PM. Reason: UPDATE
    Our one and only son...

I'm at least glad to see there are others who have more than 5. And in my defense, I got almost all of these at a big discount. I also have 4 children from ages 16 yrs to 3 months. I do switch off & use them all.

From Petunia Pickle Bottom, I have a Boxy Backpack in Komono Roll, a Touring Tote in Dragon Roll & a Crosstown Clutch in Sightseeing in Sumatra. All came from their super cheap online outlet sales.

I have a light blue Sling Tote from Fleurville (came from a message board where someone got it as a shower gift, didn't like it & wanted to unload it cheap) & ordered the Fleurville Re-run Messenger bag in Ogo with my Franklin Goose credits. You know because I really need another diaper bag LOL I love that print & figured it's free to why not. And I'd purchased 3 of their wristlets separately. I love those things & use them all the time.

I have a 2 Sally Spicer totes (I had 1 defective SS bag so they gave me a discount code to use, though I'm embarassed to admit how many Sally Spicer bags I have total, it's double digits now), Baby Gap diaper bag backpack (used to work for them & used employee discount), a Lands End Do-it-all & Little Tripper (they are both 10 yrs old but still look brand new) & then 3 of the hospital bags.

I think that's it. Some people buy too many purses or shoes, for me it's diaper bags.
    mom to 3 big kids and 1 toddler!

Zero.

I can get a couple of diapers and a travel pack of wipes in my purse. If I need more room, I have a gallon ziploc bag.

We travel light.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

catpagmo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Two. One I used with DD and I still have it, but don't use it anymore. I have a different one that I use with DS.
    DD 12/05
    DS 02/09

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast