View Poll Results: How many diaper bags to you have?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll

12 13.95%

24 27.91%

18 20.93%

12 13.95%

7 8.14%
  • more than 5

13 15.12%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Hmmm....are we counting actual diaper bags or non-diaper bags that we use as diaper bags? If its just actual diaper bags (my kids are 1 and 3.5, so I'm starting to transition away from diaper bags and into using mommy friendly purses now), then I have a JJB MiniBe and BeLight (and want a Mighty Be, though not necessarily for a diaper bag), Fleurville leather Luxe, Lexie Barnes Darling, Baby Star Tote, and Fleurville Lark (though its my church tote, not a diaper bag). I also have several mommy friendly purses (LSS, Everyday Deluxe, Haiku To-Go, VB Cargo Sling). What can I saw, I like bags After joining the babybags yahoo group and the JJB Pink Room, I went a bit crazy buying and trying, so my list of bags I've tried and sold is crazy long!
    Last edited by ang79; 04-12-2010 at 02:03 PM.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have 3- a Storksak Gigi, a JJB Packabe & an OiOi that I got on babysteals. Trying to figure out if I can make any of those work once I have model 4.0, or I have to get a steamer trunk to tie to the canopy of my stroller. I guess I'll figure it out.

jeez, I never even thought to count the ones they give you at the hospital, if I do that pushes me over 5: 3 or 4 from the hospital, my 1st bag was Fleurville sling tote that DS1 takes to school (so manly DH states), Kate Spade tote that I use now, 2 Fleurville diaper pods, and DH has a Fleurville DJ bag. Oddly enough, we use all of them.
    DS#1: 11.06.07
    DS#2: 09.04.09

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have all my bags packed differently & I manage to use all the combos without having to dump out my bag & repack whenever I go out. It's useful to have a few.

2 but we only use 1. I bought a new Skip Hop Duo for DC #2 and kept the Skip Hop Dash from DC #1 as a back up, but I literally have never used any diaper bag other than the Duo this time around. I ought to get rid of the Dash b/c it just takes up space in the closet.

When DC #1 turned 2, I just bought a leather purse/tote bag large enough to handle a few diapers and some wipes; I call it my "Mom Purse". For travel, I just supplement the Duo diaper bag with my LL Bean Turbo backpack as a carry-on (throw in a couple gallon-size ziploc bags containing diapers, wipes & disposable changing pads). The drop-bottom on the back pack is excellent for putting extra changes of clothing for travel emergencies (puke, spills, missed flights etc). You never know what will happen during travel (volcanic eruption, anyone?), and there is no way a diaper bag is going to handle everything you need for a 24-hr journey.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i just have 2, but really only use 1

i have an Eddie Bauer mini diaper bag that we got off our registry. it's a lot smaller than most, but i hate big diaper bags, so this is the smallest it gets. it has an insulated bottle compartment, which is really nice for when we go somewhere were NIP would be difficult

this other one we just used about 3 or 4 times. used mainly for all-day trips/travel
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Care-Bear-...er-Bag/8340032

i BF so usually don't need to carry bottles, and we CD (prefolds) and DS very rarely complains when he is wet (can go 3 hrs between changes) so we rarely have to change him when we go out.

i'm really into handbags so i had thouht to use one of my canvas LV's as a diaper bag, but for me it was just easier to have my purse separate from a diaper bag. also, i usually leave the diaper bag in the car anyway since i rarely need it.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 05-05-2010 at 07:42 AM.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Hmmm....are we counting actual diaper bags or non-diaper bags that we use as diaper bags? If its just actual diaper bags (my kids are 1 and 3.5, so I'm starting to transition away from diaper bags and into using mommy friendly purses now), then I have a JJB MiniBe and BeLight (and want a Mighty Be, though not necessarily for a diaper bag), Fleurville leather Luxe, Lexie Barnes Darling, Baby Star Tote, and Fleurville Lark (though its my church tote, not a diaper bag). I also have several mommy friendly purses (LSS, Everyday Deluxe, Haiku To-Go, VB Cargo Sling). What can I saw, I like bags After joining the babybags yahoo group and the JJB Pink Room, I went a bit crazy buying and trying, so my list of bags I've tried and sold is crazy long!
    I use a large canvas purse/tote I saw at Target when DD was 2 weeks old. I bought a separate changing pad/diaper roll thingie that just fits inside the zippered pocket. So far it's great, but I'm also considering a LE totebag to have more room as she grows. I see no point in buying a diaper bag that's specifically a diaper bag at this point ... am I out of my mind or just a minimalist?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Default 4 and counting

When I first found out I was pregnant I bought a carter's bag because it came with lots of extras and was a black bag with a great lime green interior. Since then I learned of the baby bags group so I've recently added an OiOi tote, FV sling striped tote in great summer colors, and a black Baby Kaed Sheri. Now there's a Mia Bossi calling my name, but I'm trying to resist since DS isn't even here yet. I'm just trying to cover my bases with all different types of bags so I can see what I really like.
    Sadly no furbabies at the moment.
    DS 06/10
    DD 08/14
    DS 02/17

Strolling in a tricked out girly Versa, Mac Ryder "spitfire", & Bob!! The perfect line up for me... for now.

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have 4.
    -free one that I got at the hospital when I had my first (that stays in the car)
    - LE Little Tripper (bought for DD1 and used it every day, but no longer use it, sits in the closet)
    - Coach Diaper Bag (used every day for the first year of life, came every where with me)
    -Vera Bradley back pack that I turned into a diaper bag (use with SKip hop Pronto) good for the toddler years when you start to need less.

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

With my older son a lot of different ones. With my younger son?

None.

I bought one use but it became the computer/work bag and really I just grab 2-3 diapers, a pack of wipes and a small wet bag (we do cloth) and toss them in whatever thing I need to carry that day- a shopping sack, my backpack, my purse or just throw them in the car.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast