scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Another swing set questions...opinions needed

At the end of last summer we talked about getting one of those nice wooden swing sets (probably the one at Sam's Club) for DC. Well since then we have found out there is a really good chance we will be moving in the next year to year and a half so we really don't want to invest in an expensive set now, especially when DD isn't even 3 yet.

I saw this set on sale at TRU right now and thought it may be a good option.
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...ductId=3455113

It's not to $$ (on sale $100 off).
    It's small enough for DD to use right now.
    We could sell it on craigslist or give it to my sister if we move...it seems relatively portable.

My main concern is if it is actually too small. I anticipate her using it this summer (she will turn 3) and next (when she is 4). DS will probably use it next summer (he will not be quite 2)- although I would probably replace on of the swings with a baby swing for him this summer.

My other issue...we do have a kangaroo climber that we use indoors only. Is this too much like that? It does add swings and seems bigger....

Anyone have this set? Any thoughts?
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have a similar type of swing set (little tikes http://www.littletikes.com/toys/endl...extension.aspx) that my kids are still using (3 1/2 and 5). I'd love to get them a bigger one when we move, but it definitely works for now. I've looked at them on Craigslist and they sell really fast so I don't think you'd have any trouble getting rid of it.
    Last edited by ohiomom1121; 03-29-2010 at 08:49 AM.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm going to bump this! : )
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think the slide part looks a lot like a KC. What about just putting in a couple of swings instead? I've had neighbors who had a handyman just make a frame for them with a few pieces of wood.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My friends had the one Ohiomom linked to and it worked for them up until last year. When their kids were 4 & 5 they got a bigger set.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I saw the same one in the ad yesterday and I really like the look of it. We have a small back yard (lot size is only 5000 sq. ft) so something like this would work for us. We'll most likely look at something like this in another year or so depending on how #2 is doing with the walking and if it could handle the slide, which I think is a good size. DD will have just turned 5.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

We talk about the versatility in the swing set, some swing set might give you some option to customize your play sets. It could be done by changing some features of your swing set. It might that you can use a wooden or metal swing set.