Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default what baby food storage tray do you prefer?

we haven't started solids yet but ped said any time now when she seems ready. i plan to make my own baby food and have been looking at at the trays and storage systems for pureed baby food. there are so many out there and they all seem kind of the same but some have different features, are made of different material, etc.

anybody have food trays or some other storage system that you love??

thanks.
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

I used cheap ice cube trays to freeze, then ziploc freezer bags to store. Keep it simple!
    Becca- 02/2009

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I used cheap ice cube trays to freeze, then ziploc freezer bags to store. Keep it simple!
    Yup, me too.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by catroddick View Post
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

It would have taken so many of those containers to keep them frozen in them. I did batches of food at a time to get through the month. The ice cube trays and ziploc bags were the best way to go.
    -----------------------
    Karen

so, folks are generally not worried about bpa/phthalates leaching in? are there ice cube trays that are made of safe materials, or is that just not a major concern?
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not because of BPA, but I went with kidco food trays since I wanted something with lids. That way, I felt, I wouldn't be forced to transfer them as soon as they are ready. Also, I do only one item at a time and would only make 2 trays' worth (would last about a month), since that's how long I felt I should keep the food.

I use a silicone muffin pan (that I already had) and then put them in ziploc bags.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

so, folks are generally not worried about bpa/phthalates leaching in? are there ice cube trays that are made of safe materials, or is that just not a major concern?
    I can't quite remember if most ice cube trays are BPA free, I think they are NOT. I just bought new ones and only hand-washed, no dishwasher. The concern about leeching with BPAs has to do with high heat disturbing the integrity of the plastic. Hand washing = not hot enough to be an issue.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have liked the silicone ones, and find it easier to get the cubes out.
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast