Default think i broke my pump!

hi... i think my pump (ameda purely yours) got knocked around a bit yesterday when i was carrying it in a bag, and now it is making this loud clicking noise and the hole where you plug in the tubing w/ attached flanges/bottles is moving in and out of the main unit with the suction cycles. when i first turn it on there is a squeaking sound with the suction and suction is poor but if i fool with it for a minute the squeaking will stop, and suction resumes but maybe not as strong as before. the clicking and moving in and out continues, all i can do is hold the tubing plug hole in place so it doesn't shove out and back in w/ cycles. is this a lost cause? it's not entirely non-functional, but is at least annoying and may have lost some effectiveness. what do you think--do i need a new one or is there hope for this one yet?
    big sister (11/09)
    little brother (1/14)

"I guess that's the real circle of life. Your parents faked their way through it, you fake your way through it, and hopefully you don't raise a serial killer." --Phil Dunphy, Modern Family

I'm not sure what to suggest, but thought I'd just say thanks for posting this as it's a wake-up call for me. I throw my pump in a bag to take from home to work and am not always careful with it.