Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I seriously considered this, but where we are staying they have super low flow toilets. I guess they are a swanky design but it takes several flushes to get a normal, not stuck to undies poop to flush.
    Hmm, I guess they are a BAD design because even a low-flow toilet should, well, flush. It's not saving any water if you have to flush it several times!

Ours are low flow, and I rarely have to double flush. In fact, we don't even flush every time.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

From a cloth diapering mama, whose DD still has accidents - poopy underwear is waaaay worse than a poopy cloth diaper. Don't give up yet.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    same here. Pretty much 9 times out of 10 when DS does a major poo in a disposable, it leaks up the back, soiling his onesie and everything. sucks the worst when we're out at a restaurant or something. with a cloth diaper (prefold + Bummis cover) we NEVER have this problem. sometimes with cloth poo leakes out the leg and gets on the inside of the cover, but never so much that it gets onto a onesie or the sheets or anything. ...
    For us, switching to CD meant the end of soiled onesies. And rinsing those out was no fun, either (well, we didn't have a diaper sprayer before we started CDing)

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Molly, I thought CDing was great when I finally started Laurel. No nb poop squishing out the back or legs. I love how our trash wasn't half diapers. In many ways I love CDing. How do I not love CDing? The fact that I have 2 kids still full time in diapers. That is a lot of laundry. I finally had to cut back because I was doing diaper laundry 4 times a week, in addition to my regular laundry. Then having to spray off all the poopy diapers. It always seems like Arwyn had a particularly full and disgusting poop diaper at the most inconvenient time. And if I tried to leave it for later I would sometimes forget. So there I am taking 5-10 minutes to hose this diaper down while Laurel is screaming. Sometimes Dh would change Laurel right before bed, put the poopy diaper down, and forget about it. And I wouldn't find out abut it until the next morning because I had been putting the other two to bed that night. I keep hearing about CDing moms that just dump the poop in the toilet and don't need a sprayer. I NEED that sprayer. Once in a blue moon my kids have a dry poop. Otherwise it's that stuff that needs to be powerwashed off. The other thing is that Laurel tends to either have really sensitive skin or radioactive poop. When she gets a rash I have to use sposies to keep her bum as dry as possible so it'll heal faster.

Anyway, I am now sorta half and half. If I'm at home and my sitter isn't coming, I use cloth. If I'm going out, or the sitter is coming we use sposies. I still do dipe laundry 3 times a week, but just not having to do it that 4th time (Sundays) is HUGE.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    My vote is to throw those undies away!
    Cheap undies = no problem with tossing.
    Brand new Hanna training unders? Scrub a dub dub. (yuck)
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Melinda thank you for your honesty. I *want* to CD DD2, it makes sense in every way for our family. I just was having one of those reality check moments, you know? I'm really lucky in that I have help at home so I don't think soiled diapers are going to be hanging around, but just getting them to the point where I'd put them in the washer...I needed to know what I'm getting into. So again, thank you and everyone else for sharing your experiences!

I'll order a sprayer before we go home. Maybe one for each bathroom? There is one on each floor.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2