Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You really should be ok when the doc does the steps to get it authorized.

If you are out, maybe talk to your pharmacist about getting a few extra while approval is in the works, or pay for a few out of pocket.

I know that if we missed a solutab for even a day life would be unbearable, truly, for at least the day - constant shreiking and screaming from a suffering baby. Even if I mess up the dosing by not timng the feeding after the medicine right - less than 20 minutes or more than 40 minutes - it make a big, bad difference.

If you can't get coverage you should google "reflux rebels" and learn about Baby Buffers. From what I understand, it is a way to deliver an OTC ppi w/out regard to the timing, etc and many parents report profound changes in their babies and great success.

For the previous poster who said their was no harm in the spit up, that's only true if the pH of what is coming up is non-acidic.

Please check out Reflux Rebels and also the Maci-kids website to get an idea about different options for your ds.

Good luck!
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Nexium worked great for DS2. I liked it much, much better than the prevacid solutabs. It has sugar unlike aspartame in the solutabs.
    K

see my sig
    and I second going to www.marci-kids.com

you can get bufferbabies
    or zegerid
    then you don't have to time around meals...

I wouldn't get compound from pharmacy...see marci-kids and my sig
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2