Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

This is the kind of thing that LLL (or any breastfeeding support group) is great for. They and the other moms can show you different positions and tricks for NIP comfortably. I often used the diaper bag as a pillow and/or a rolled up blanket. I would also prop my feet up on the stroller and use that for leverage and support.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

♥ms.pacman♥ is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    This is the kind of thing that LLL (or any breastfeeding support group) is great for. They and the other moms can show you different positions and tricks for NIP comfortably. I often used the diaper bag as a pillow and/or a rolled up blanket. I would also prop my feet up on the stroller and use that for leverage and support.
    thx, i will definitely check into that...haven't joined local LLL group, but i will definitely look into attending meetings etc. thing is, i am not really flexible in terms of nursing. 99.9% of the time i nurse DS in a rocker, with my nursing pillow etc. the two times i've had to NIP i had a nursing cover (otherwise my boob would be totally exposed), and my back hurt cuz i didn't have a nursing pillow. i once tried nursing DS in the car and even with DH helping me it was a royal pain and very uncomfortable. when i read/see how some women manage to discreetly & easily NIP without a cover or while their baby is in a sling i am just utterly befuddled as to how they manage to do that, because i am waay, way too uncoordinated to even begin to imagine how i would do that. hopefully i will be enlightened after attending some LLL meetings
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 04-08-2010 at 03:03 PM.

When I was BFing DS2 we had to stay in a hotel, without him and I just assumed we'd have a fridge in the hotel room- wrong! I immediately called down to the front desk and mentioned I needed it to store breastmilk, and they waived the charge and had one sent right up. I would call the hotel, and see what they can do. Otherwise, I don't see any issue with BFing at the wedding unless you are uncomfortable with it. I was never really comfortable BFing in public, so I would probably have slipped out to the car or a quiet room.
    DS1 5.10.05

DS2 12.10.08

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3