View Poll Results: If you have no sex drive, are you still having sex with DH?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • No! No sex drive, no sex!

37 31.09%
  • Yes! I give it the old college try.

72 60.50%
  • Other, please explain...

10 8.40%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Red face

To stop DH from complaining, whining I do it when I'm not in the mood. We usually have sex 2xs a week on Saturday & Sunday. The more he gets the more he wants however he leaves the house very early in the morning on weekdays and tends to go to bed early so that rules out the weekday. We have weird sleeping arrangements...dd sleeps with me & DH sleeps in the guest room (which I kinda like since he snores and is a light sleeper & seems to think he makes the call when its time to go to bed, with him in another room I can stay up as late as I like & actually get time for myself to read, be on the computer, etc..ok I'm going off subject). We end up doing it in the morning when the kids are downstairs playing. We shut the door which due to incorrect door knobs is too tough for the kids to open from the outside. Often DS & DD come up banging on the door wondering when we'll be done "talking" or when I'll be done "helping" Daddy which certainly helps the mood. And he wonders why sometimes I act like I'm checking something off my to do list when we are done. I believe that for a woman we have to mentally be in the game whereas men are more driven by the physical.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

[QUOTE=jacksmomtobe;2684450]We end up doing it in the morning when the kids are downstairs playing. We shut the door which due to incorrect door knobs is too tough for the kids to open from the outside. Often DS & DD come up banging on the door wondering when we'll be done "talking" or when I'll be done "helping" Daddy which certainly helps the mood. QUOTE]

Us, too - I even taught them how to pour their own cereal to facilitate this, and we finally got locks on our door about five years ago. No wonder we had a long, dry spell before that!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I havent read through all the responses but we still do pretty good together. I dont think i've turned down a "request" in a very very long time.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have pretty much no sex drive, but we stillaverage about 3x/week. DH would go for it everyday if he had his way!

I WISH my drive was higher--I'm totally attracted to DH and I love him dearly!
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My friend once said Sex is like exercise- you sometimes dread doing it, but afterwards, you feel pretty good and you're glad you've done it!

That's what I tell myself when I'm not in the mood! And it's totally true!

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by clc053103 View Post
    My friend once said Sex is like exercise- you sometimes dread doing it, but afterwards, you feel pretty good and you're glad you've done it!
    Sums it up pretty well for me too.

I'm like a lot of PP's-- my drive is much less than DH's, so if we only did it when I was really in the mood, DH would be one unhappy guy. But I have to admit, very often once I "give in" to DH I do end up in the mood & enjoying it. I also have to say that there are those times when it's just one more thing on the checklist, but it's worthwhile b/c it improves DH's mood so much. (And I try really hard to hide from DH that I am in "checklist" mode, b/c his feelings would be really hurt.)

I have to say, though, that DH has picked up on the fact that when I'm overwhelmed or stressed I am so much more likely to turn him down. So, he realizes that doing things like doing the laundry or doing small cleaning tasks will have a big payoff for him. Works for me.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

DH and I usually are both in the mood, so no problems.

However, on the nights I know I really don't want to, I wear my ugliest, totally no sex appeal, flannel loud-print pajamas to bed. DH refers to these as my "clown suit" and though it is mostly a joke between us, it is sort of an agreed-upon "no" before he even tries. He may still try, but he knows beforehand not to be disappointed if he gets no response. Of course, I can say no anytime I want and he will respect that, but these PJs are just a longstanding joke that we laugh over. Luckily I don't bring them out often!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4