Default How much pizza to order for Kindergartners

Ok so Ds's kids party is this Sunday. We'lll be having pizza delivered to the indoor baseball place that the party is being held. How much should I order? I always struggle with this when we have a party. There will be 13 Kindergarten boys, 2 Kindergarten girls, and one boy in 3rd grade plus possibly 3 younger siblings hanging out.

Thanks!

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How many adults will need to be fed? I know my 6 yr old will usually eat 1 or 2 pieces of pizza when we go out, maybe less at a party though. I would probably get enough to give each kid the opportunity for 2, plus however many adults. I'm going to guess you will probably have extra at the end-

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS will eat one or 2 pieces, depending on the size. I'd probably do 2 per kid and count on having leftovers, unless you have other food too, in which case I might do 1.5.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

We're having a big cake and the pizza both of which have to be served within a 1/2 hour time frame. I will have the first piece of pizza on a plate for the kids when they enter the room. I'm only serving the pizza since it seemed to be the right thing to do since the party starts at 12:30. I have told the parents to make sure the child has a snack at home since they will be having an hour of activity when they first arrive at the party. I was just thinking of my DS who rarely eats much of the pizza served.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Hmm, my kid would eat at least one and probably 2 pieces of pizza at a party at that time. Personally, I would allow 2 pieces per child, but I would prefer to have leftovers than not have enough food.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My kids would most likely only eat 1 slice. Are you ordering for parents or just kids? I would order 2 per kid, just to be on the safe side. But I would have the pizza cut into 10 or 12 slices.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04