Quote Originally Posted by teedeedee View Post
Thank you, thank you SO much everyone. I haven't been able to log on in a few days, and so I had a lot to read. I really appreciate your perspective and I feel so much better knowing that I'm not completely crazy. DD is very loving and I do think eventually she will love this baby. I do think it will be very hard on her at first. But, I'm kinda glad that she will not remember what it was like before baby.

I hadn't given much thought to the fact that DC 2 will not ever get that time with just us. That makes me a little sad, but I think that DD will be a great big sister, so that makes it a little better. =)
I think sometimes the parents expect it to shatter the older sib's world and it has the opposite effect and other times the parents have no idea it will impact the older sib as much as it does. There is no way to know, you know? DS1 acted out horribly when DS2 was born and then something happened and it all got better. We assumed it was just the adjustment period. Well, DS2 had nothing of the sort with DD but at the same age as DS1's behaviour problems, DS2 got it too (no sibling or anything). It was clearly just a developmental thing that had little to do with the new baby. Just remember that there will be times that they love on eachother and there will be times that they can't stand eachother. As an only child, I think that giving a sibling to a child is the best gift you can give (in both good times and bad).