Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    This is not helpful...

My (then) four-year-old DD was in her room playing and talking to herself. I overheard a word that sounded like "sexy," so I moved in closer. She was actually saying something more like "suxy," but I was curious, so I asked her what it meant. She kept playing and explained to me that it means someone has "a big and pretty bottom."

I nearly peed my pants.
    I guess I'm halfway sexy then. I have the big part down pat.
    Last edited by BabyMine; 04-08-2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    This is not helpful...

My (then) four-year-old DD was in her room playing and talking to herself. I overheard a word that sounded like "sexy," so I moved in closer. She was actually saying something more like "suxy," but I was curious, so I asked her what it meant. She kept playing and explained to me that it means someone has "a big and pretty bottom."

I nearly peed my pants.

LOL! Sounds like a better definition than I came up with!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I went the route of trying to make it less of a forbidden word and taking away, well, the sexiness of the word, and said it just means 'attractive' or 'good looking' but that it was not a word that kids should be using.
    This is basically what I told my older DD, that it meant being good looking, but in a way that adults mean when they are thinking about being husband and wife.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2