Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Oh good (not) - more Kate

Drat, I was really hoping her 15mins were over and done with! A new show and +8 specials. UGH.

http://www.people.com/people/article...00408-20359149

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Wonder if Jon gets custody HE will keep them off TV
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    I doubt it. The kids are their bread and butter.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Do we really need more of Kate? I don't think we need this. I don't think her kids need this. This is why I love the Dilleys. They just didn't go here. Could have, I'll bet, but didn't. They had their early documentaries, did a movie (which I still love), they see Diane Sawyer once a year, and that's that. In college about n ow, right? that's the way to do it.

Or the Mcaugheys! We haven't seen them in a long long time. Good on them, ya know?

Waiting for Kate to go away.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Those poor kids :-(
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I cannot believe the gall of that woman. Putting those kids on TV during a difficult time in their lives just cruel.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Do we really need more of Kate? I don't think we need this. I don't think her kids need this. This is why I love the Dilleys. They just didn't go here. Could have, I'll bet, but didn't. They had their early documentaries, did a movie (which I still love), they see Diane Sawyer once a year, and that's that. In college about n ow, right? that's the way to do it.

Or the Mcaugheys! We haven't seen them in a long long time. Good on them, ya know?

Waiting for Kate to go away.
    I like what the Dilleys do. I can't begrudge them TV money. Once a year tv special isn't much. Lets people know what's going on and gives them a bit of cash to help out such a large family. It's sorta like a giant christmas card. But, since it's once a year, it's not really exploiting the kids and gives time for them to drop out of sight and lead normal lives.

Quote Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
    I like what the Dilleys do. I can't begrudge them TV money. Once a year tv special isn't much. Lets people know what's going on and gives them a bit of cash to help out such a large family. It's sorta like a giant christmas card. But, since it's once a year, it's not really exploiting the kids and gives time for them to drop out of sight and lead normal lives.

I saw an interview with the McCaughey mom - she said she does an interview once per year - she feels like she owes an update to all the people who supported them through the early years. But otherwise, the kids are out of the public eye, leading normal kid lives.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    No way, I'll bet he has a show lined up even now in the event he gets custody.

It really is sad for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by codex57 View Post
    Well said!
    Mama to Bumbee. A VERY busy girl...
    Making me a VERY Mama.