Default Thank you/Farewell gift for EI therapists?

DD has been working with 2 therapists through EI. She's getting close to walking and I really think we might be done once she meets that milestone. It's kind of bittersweet, because they've really become a part of our weekly routine.

We didn't do gifts at Christmas, but I'm thinking it would be appropriate to do a thank you/farewell gift for each of her therapists & maybe for our coordinator when we're done. Has anyone else done this? Does anyone have any suggestions? The 1st thing that pops into my mind is gift cards, but I'd really like to do something a little more thoughtful.

I know one day DD will just pop up and start walking. I'd like to be prepared for our final therapy visit. TIA!
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Dora's SLP used to drive from L.A to Arizona a lot to visit her family. So we gave her an LL Bean travel thing for toiletries.

But I'll be watching this thread because Arwyn's SLP is a mother of 4 (all older), so I have no idea what to get her!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

From recommendations here we ended up writing some heartfelt thank you notes to our therapists and sent it to their boss as well. I know that that meant a lot to them. I actually don't even remember if we bought a going away gift although I know we did do gift cards at holiday time (DS's birthday is June and he didn't leave EI until he turned 3).

I went with the gift cards because they could either treat themselves that way or I know many spent out of their own pocket to buy toys to bring. So I did AC Moore, Target, etc. so they could choose.
    Debbie

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sidmand View Post
    From recommendations here we ended up writing some heartfelt thank you notes to our therapists and sent it to their boss as well. I know that that meant a lot to them. I actually don't even remember if we bought a going away gift although I know we did do gift cards at holiday time (DS's birthday is June and he didn't leave EI until he turned 3).

I went with the gift cards because they could either treat themselves that way or I know many spent out of their own pocket to buy toys to bring. So I did AC Moore, Target, etc. so they could choose.
    Oh, good idea on the GC, thanks! I remember I did write a long note to Dora's SLP. Starting crying in the middle of it too
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

I made a photo card with DD's picture on it and wrote some personal things in it. I think I also bought a big candy jar and put some nice chocolates in it.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.