Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We used to belong to one in a nearby neighborhood, but when younger DD was born, it was too hard for the first couple years and then we stopped. I wish we had one in our neighborhood, but our community didn't want the expense and the liability when it was built.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We belong to the one in our neighborhood. It is part of our HOA dues. We have not used it a lot in the past, but I think this will change now that DS is getting older.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have been considering it, but last year we went to a friend's pool a lot so we all starting referring to them as The Club.

I am in MA and I know the Metrowest Y has a Club, but it's only in the aftn/evening (like 3-8pm maybe?) and weekends. Which doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense to me as far as the club, but during the day they are using it for camps.

We could join our posh town Country Club, but then the girls couldn't go to college.

caleymama is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We'll probably join the town pool. Actually the town has 2 pools and 1 small lake that are all covered by the same membership, but we typically only go to the one pool that is closest. It's about $300 for the family for the whole summer. The girls also take 2 weeks of swimming lessons (for a separate fee) at the same pool.

We joined last summer but didn't go once because the weather was so cool and rainy. It seemed like any time the weather cooperated and we could swim we ended up over at my parent's pool with family. The summer before last we went to the town pool a bunch and the girls loved it.
    mama to 2 lovely and loving DDs

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TonFirst View Post
    Um, the Y?

The city where I live has a public pool that's really great and open all summer - but I must admit that it was the first public pool I've ever been to. Where I grew up in suburban Houston, every subdivision had a "club" - NOT a country club like, say, the Cherokee Town Club (chi-chi $30K+/year club in ATL), but a nice swim & tennis club with a snack bar, swim team, etc. that everyone in the development was able to join for an annual fee - something line $250. We LIVED there in the summer - we called it "the club." But it wasn't a tony country club, by any means. Still, my husband, who grew up swimming at community public pools in Northern Virginia, made merciless fun of my blueblood background ; ) when I told him I'd never been to a public pool until I went to our city pool.
    Hey! I grew up in suburban Houston too (Northwest Park, the Stingrays swim team). We were at the pool EVERY morning in the summer. And in the swim team through 9th grade (when we moved away). It's a huge part of my growing up.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3