Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't have any advice but I'm about the go through the same situation with my DD. She is younger, going into 1st grade so I'm hoping it will be easier for her. Right now we are living with my parents while DH is deployed. He will be transferring to Ft Hood after he gets back from deployment. I plan to stay at my parents until December, DH reports Oct 1 and it will take some time to find a house, get everything set up, etc. Plus I'm due in Oct and it would just be too hard to move at that time.
    Anyway, does anyone have experience moving a child mid-year? DD really isn't that attached to her current school, she has friends but just not really close ones. She is actually excited to move and go to a new school, however I know once the time gets here it will be harder for her. I'm just worried about moving her into a classroom where everyone already knows each other. I just want to know what I can do to help her adjust, anything I should do ahead of time, etc.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I just want to say that it sounds like based on Sarah's experience at the new school during spring break has been positive and if she is open to going there then I would give it a shot. I mean she could always go back to her old school, but I bet she'll be happy at her new school. Go Sarah
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The camp idea was brilliant! can she do a summer camp there? Chances are at least a couple of her classmates will be in it.

Otherwise, definitely try to get her a tour to meet the teacher and kids.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Wish I had some words of wisdom for you!!

My DD is being pulled out of her 2nd grade here in Rhode Island to finish
    up the last month in a brand new 2nd grade in Ohio.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2