Thread: Placental Leak?

Default Placental Leak?

I just got home from my 20 wk u/s. Baby looks great!! We did tell the tech that we didn't want to know gender so we spent a lot of time looking away, but baby appears to be healthy and is right on track with growth.

They do want me back in 4 weeks though to check where the radiologist thought he saw a placental leak. They said not to be terribly concerned about this right now, to just call my doc next week once she's gotten their report so that she can get us referred for another u/s. (we're military, by the way and the u/s was done on base, so we get all the info right away...no news that they wait for her to deliver).

I can't find much info on a placental leak online. All I see is where it is believed that placental abruption is caused by placental leak. That makes me a little nervous. Anyone know anything about placental leaks or BTDT?

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

typing 1 handed...

was it possibly a placental *lake* vs "leak"?
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

ooh, I thought they said leak, but I could be completely wrong. I'll check. Thank you!

Lots of info on placental lakes though. And they don't seem to be a big deal, so I feel MUCH MUCH better. Now I can go shove my adorable alien looking baby photos in peoples faces, happy all the while.

Thank you, Brittone2!