Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    arivecchi is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Late to this party but I have a Little Castle glider if you still have questions.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

THANK YOU everyone for your feedback! I'm sure it is a personal preference, but 2/3 of you said I should get one. And using our bed is out of the question. We plan on having more than one kid and I know we will get use out of it.
    Last edited by firemama; 05-29-2011 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    Late to this party but I have a Little Castle glider if you still have questions.
    Hey! Never too late! I was posting mine while you sent yours. Which one do you have? Is it a recliner too? How do you like it?

I do not have a reclining one but that would have been a nice feature. I slept many nights with DS1 in it so that would have been great. Little Castle gliders are amazing, so padded and plush. I cannot recall which particular style I have but I can try to find out. I have one with black toile fabric and black piping. It looks amazing. We no longer use it for nursing, but now DS1 uses it to "read" books. I think Walmart sells a less expensive class of LC gliders. You might want to check that out. We have the matching ottoman, which was so great to have those nights that I slept on the glider with DS1. I also got two matching pillows, which made it ultra comfortable. It was pricey, but I do not regret buying it. I do not know how I will ever part from it. I would not be able to let go of all my memories in it.
    Last edited by arivecchi; 04-19-2010 at 11:45 AM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firemama View Post
    THANK YOU everyone for your feedback! I'm sure it is a personal preference, but 2/3 of you said I should get one. Our couch is uncomfortable (my husband's, pre-dating me, leather - what is with men and leather?!). And using our bed is out of the question. I just needed your opinions to convince my husband we really do need to splurge on a nice one! We plan on having more than one kid and I know we will get use out of it.
    FWIW, the leather couch might come in handy when you have a toddler. We opted for a microfiber couch (we bought 3 mos. before DD arrived) and even though it's suppose to be easy to clean it still gets dirty. I really really wish we would've just splurged on the leather one. I did almost all of my nursing on the couch (always got up and fed DD outside of our room) or in the regular rocker in DD's room. Even though we still have the same rocker we used with DD I too am debating about a glider, but it's really not a huge neccesity, but it does sound like for you it would be. You might have an easier time convincing DH that you need one if you find one that doesn't look 100% like a piece of baby furniture.

I personally like this one: http://www.usababysandimas.com/brows...sso/4,413.html

ETA: your post last week actually got me started looking at some and I do like the Little Castle ones too, and JC Penney also carries them. Also saw this one Costco: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...S&Sp=C&topnav=
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-19-2010 at 11:54 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Awesome! Thanks again! Yours sounds beautiful! I know it will be a good investment - and you're right - the memories will always be there!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    FWIW, the leather couch might come in handy when you have a toddler. We opted for a microfiber couch (we bought 3 mos. before DD arrived) and even though it's suppose to be easy to clean it still gets dirty. I really really wish we would've just splurged on the leather one. I did almost all of my nursing on the couch (always got up and fed DD outside of our room) or in the regular rocker in DD's room. Even though we still have the same rocker we used with DD I too am debating about a glider, but it's really not a huge neccesity, but it does sound like for you it would be. You might have an easier time convincing DH that you need one if you find one that doesn't look 100% like a piece of baby furniture.

I personally like this one: http://www.usababysandimas.com/brows...sso/4,413.html
    You're right, that's why I'm okay leaving the couch so that if it gets trashed I don't care. And the leather will be much easier to wipe clean. We'll replace it when our kids are older... I'd much rather buy the recliner than replace the couch.

That is what I love about the Little Castle chairs - they look like a piece of furniture, not baby furniture. I prefer the all-upholstered look with no wood showing (upholstered armrests in case I hit my baby's head - I can be a klutz). Everyone has different tastes!

Thanks for your input!

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just to throw another option out there. I bought a white adirondack style rocking chair from AC Moore and a white wooden foot stool for the baby's room. Total cost for both was about $80. I knew I wanted something to sit in in the baby's room to nurse but didn't want to invest in a glider. This way, I can repurpose the rocking chair for our front porch later. It's very comfortable. I've used it to nurse DD1 for 19mos and now using it again for DD2. For the short amount of time I'm in there at night (20mins max at any one time) it really serves it's purpose well. I'm sure the gliders and recliners are very nice but I don't miss not having one. I nurse and go back to my comfy bed.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't have the brand of glider mentioned by OP, but received used one from SIL. The glider and ottoman set were wonderful to have for all the frequent feedings when DD was tiny. When she was older, it was nice to have on the nights when she was sick or woke and needed cuddling before going back into the crib. It also serves as the bedtime story place (when it's not too covered in laundry.)

I've noticed lots of gliders/ottomans/sets at larger consignment sales and would get a used one before buying brand new, as it's not a piece of furniture I'd plan to use more than a few years.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast