Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dowlinal is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow! That would definitely throw me off.

Every time I think that I've heard it all regarding twin comments someone just proves me wrong. Last week at the zoo, some woman looked in at my boys in their stroller and told her friend that my boys were "clearly not identical since one boy was wearing shoes and sockes and the other had bare feet." I wanted to add, "Yes, it's the shoes that help us tell them apart, that and the fact that one is dark haired, olive skinned, and has brown eyes while his brother is blonde, fair, and blue eyed."
    A

DD1 02/04
    DD2 01/06
    and twin boys 05/09

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wellyes View Post
    I once had a 30ish-looking grocery store checkout guy ask me "what is this" and hold up a bundle of *asparagus*. Some people are just either not very observant or have an extremely narrow range of experience.
    Exactly. I was with my brother and my nieces and some couple claimed to have never met a gay parent before (he's a gay SAHD). They were not negative, just noted they had never met anyone before like my brother. They said they have lived in Seattle all their lives, so I dunno which rock they were under but whatever, it happens. I have a friend with fraternal twin girls who gets told all the time they can't be twins at all because they look so different. Um, they are NOT identical twins.
    Last edited by kijip; 04-13-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2