Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Momit View Post
    That you will find yourself having conversations about bodily functions, fluids etc. that you never would have discussed before - and not think anything of it!
    OMG, so true! I'll never forget the silence on the other end of the phone when I told my Dad I was fully effaced and my cervix was a couple of centimeters dilated! I will spare him the details this time.

All of these are cracking me up! I am at the point right now where I cannot bend down to tie shoelaces, but it isn't sandal weather yet. Kicking myself for not buying those Dansko clogs I wanted last Fall!

Peoples' insensitivity is definitely something that you are not prepared for. At my sister's last weekend, my sis was saying that unless you saw me in side profile, you wouldn't even know I was pregnant, let alone a few weeks from due. So my sister's nanny (attractive and skinny 24 yr old) interjects that I definitely look like I'm about to pop, and that my face has gotten quite fat! Hello, young lady? That is how I look at the best of times!

for Sandy Hook

That trouble with your balance will be worse before you're even showing, than when you're as big as a house. And that if you do fall down the stairs then (or, say, 3 days after the birth), you will be more likely to sprain your ankle or something due to the hormones softening the ligaments.

That you really will get over any nervousness about a male doctor, and about breastfeeding in front of random strangers, as the never-ending parade of strangers into your hospital room just inures you to it.

That upon returning home from the hospital and thanking the neighbor for feeding your cat, she will take one look at you and blurt out, "Oh, so you didn't have the baby yet!" (Um, yes, I told you my water broke 2 days ago, they don't just send you home after that...) (And the joke's on her - she was newly pregnant at the time and due this month!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3