Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

DS 7 and DD 4 share a room and really like it. It's been nothing but positive for us.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DDs share and I have no plans to separate them any time soon. They would FREAK out if we tried. Maybe when they are much much older and want to have their own rooms.

I shared a room with my sister (9.5 years younger than me) growing up and my brothers (4 years apart) shared all growing up. I shared with my brother for awhile before the other two came along. We had fun, it wasn't a big deal. There was plenty of other places around the house to spread out when we wanted our own space.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

2 diapered boys in cribs in one room, 1 PTed girl in the other. We're hoping to move DS1 to his twin bed in the shared room soon, but we'll have to see how he does. I don't want him bothering DS2, but the furniture place keeps calling to ask if we're ready to get our bed delivered.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

They are in separate rooms now but I am toying with putting them together when ds2 is done with his crib. Ds1 is dying to share a room with him. I had been planning on a room swap when ds2 was done with the crib originally. Ds1 was going to have a much smaller room but I was going to get him a loft bed. ds2 would appreciate the cool mural in ds1's room more so it was all set. Then I though maybe we could do bunkbeds and let ds2 have the bottom bunk and the other room would be a play room. I will never make them share since we have enough bedrooms for everyone. But, so long as they want to and it is working out well then I will let them share.

Beth

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My kids have their own rooms right now...whether or not they stay in them all night is another question! I wouldn't be surprised if my girls end up sharing a room some day. I just wanted to make sure they had the option of having their own space should we be in this house for a long time.

Right now, DS1 is in his own room, and DS2 is in a crib in our master bedroom. I hate it. DS2 wakes up at any tiny little noise, so more often than not, DH is stuck sleeping on the couch downstairs because he can't for the life of him figure out how to open the bedroom door without waking up DS2. I wouldn't mind having DS1 and DS2 share a room, but I can't figure out the logistics of it, with the baby going to sleep at 6:30PM and big brother going to sleep at 7:30PM. There is NO WAY DS1 would go to sleep quietly in the room without waking up DS2. Sigh. Maybe when DS2 is older and can sleep through more noise. In the meantime, I miss my previous house with 4 bedrooms -- aaaaah!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My boys have their own rooms with a jack and jill bath between them. They like to sleep in the same room though. It ends up being like they have a suite since they'll play in DS1 room and we read bedtime stories in there and then we move to DS2 room to go to sleep. We have a guest bedroom in our walkout basement and we have another bedroom upstairs with the boys that is unused (except that it is where everything I wasn't sure what to do with landed when we moved ). My oldest son tells everyone that's his baby's room. He really wants us to have another baby So, if we have a 3rd he/she will have their own room but where he/she would sleep is a whole different question.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Each kid will have her own room. We need a guest room because all of DH's family is out of town and my mom frequently stays over when DH has to travel.
    This is one of the reasons we bought the new house..........to have four bedrooms. DH uses the living room as his office; so it's a win-win for all of us.
    The rooms are average 12x12, but will grow nicely with the girls.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

They have their own room, but some nights, all 4 of us end up in the same bed.

Our friends have separate rooms for their two boys, but they're in the process of moving them into the same room and turning the extra room into a playroom.

They are in separate rooms now but I am toying with putting them together when ds2 is done with his crib. Ds1 is dying to share a room with him. ...Then I thought maybe we could do bunkbeds and let ds2 have the bottom bunk and the other room would be a play room. I will never make them share since we have enough bedrooms for everyone. But, so long as they want to and it is working out well then I will let them share.
    except I have DDs!

The thing is, I have DD1 in a full-sized bed and her room isn't big enough for a second bed. Her room is bigger than DD2's nursery, though. So I'd have to get rid of the full-sized and get a bunk bed. It's just that DD1's room furniture matches so nicely (and was a great deal on CL for only $50!). We'll have to see. Maybe they'll still formally have their own rooms and DD2 can just have sleepovers in DD1's bed occasionally?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast