Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: the absurdity

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That's crazy!!

Catherine - I just have to say seeing this post about your daughter made me smile. So happy for you!!

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Oh yeah I got the look of are you nuts when I applied to a local daycare center when I was 7 mos. pregnant for when DD was 4 mos. old. The lady looked at me and told me oh you should've applied 7 mos. ago. Needless to say they never called to let me know if they had a space or not.

I lucked out as far as preschool goes because the daycare we ended up going to has an agreement with the wonderful preschool that DD goes to that her daycare kids are gauranteed spots each year! So no waiting list for us!
    Are you freaking kidding me?? I had no idea SoCal was like this! None of my mom friends in the Torrance area ever mentioned it, but then again I remember they were all sending their kids to preschool when they were 2, and I was wondering why! Maybe this is why. Yikes, it's a good thing we moved when we did or else Dora might STILL not be in a preschool.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post

Catherine - I just have to say seeing this post about your daughter made me smile. So happy for you!!
    Thank you!

Catherine

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

but then again I remember they were all sending their kids to preschool when they were 2, and I was wondering why! Maybe this is why.
    I didn't plan it originally, but I did enroll my older DD when she was 2. Afterwards I discovered that many people did a "2 day two year old" spot to ensure a 3 year old spot! But after that I learned my lesson and I did enroll younger DD as a 2 in part for this reason.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

I'm 5 months pregnant now...DD's daycare director asked me if I had plans for the new baby yet. I guess I looked at her funny and she said that there are no infant spots available and there's quite a waiting list so that I need to get on it now. I was shocked!

mamicka is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would never survive in some of the places you describe.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mamicka View Post
    I would never survive in some of the places you describe.
    Agreed! I'm not sure about the super elite $$$ schools but around here usually everyone just signs up the winter before enrollment. I would never have it together enough that soon after having a baby to think of enrolling them in school!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3