Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    calv is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Question spokeo.com have you heard/seen this?

FYI EVERYONE- There's a site called spokeo.com and it's an online phone book that has a picture of your house, credit score, profession, age, how many people live in the house. Remove yourself by the Privacy button on the bottom right.

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This is the first I have heard about this site. A quick google search brings up this-About.com: Urban Legends/Spokeo
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Eap!

Ha! They think my house is worth $1 million+ Maybe I should leave my profile there as it makes me look good. They also have a seperate record of me living with my inlaws in a place we've never lived. Makes me wonder how I got linked to them.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calv View Post
    FYI EVERYONE- Remove yourself by the Privacy button on the bottom right.
    I just went to that website and fortunately they have most of our information wrong (they list our name next to a rental property we sold 5 years ago). But even so, I couldn't find the privacy button and I'd really like to "unlist" us.

Can you describe where this button is?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

It's pretty amusing... I like how I'm portrayed. Most of the info is wrong though.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

LMAO! Spokeo.com thinks I am a man! Excellent!

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

There really isn't that much on there that isn't available on my listing EXCEPT the photo- NOT me, now she is similar age, blond hair like I used to have, but she's much thinner....pretty funny! Guess my Facebook privacy settings worked as there are lots of photo's of me there.

TonFirst is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

According to Spokeo, I'm a clerical worker with a graduate degree living in a $1M+ house in a below average neighborhood who subscribes to magazines and is not interested in politics. Of all that, the only thing that's true is that I do, in fact, subscribe to magazines.

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    I just went to that website and fortunately they have most of our information wrong (they list our name next to a rental property we sold 5 years ago). But even so, I couldn't find the privacy button and I'd really like to "unlist" us.

Can you describe where this button is?
    On the home page, at the bottom, click privacy. It gives you the instructions for removing your listing. It's pretty quick and easy. I did it for DH and myself a few weeks ago.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

willow33 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had a fraud charge on my credit card a few months back and Spokeo insisted that I had subscribed to their service. I had never heard of them before I saw their name on my credit card statement...I didn't even know what services they sell! If you do a search online you can find lots of complaints against them.
    ~H~

Mom to 3 sweet kids
    2003 ~ 2005 ~ 2009

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast