Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I found that their information was more accurate if I put in my e-mail addresses. Unfortunately you can't delete e-mails from their database. You have to go to the 3rd-party sites (Facebook et al.) and make sure your full name is NOT listed on your profile.

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010

Laurel is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

they have me as "late thirties" and I am only 34!

Other than that, the info is pretty benign.
    Laurel

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default here's the opt out link... but i'm still having problems.

here's the link to remove yourself. hopefully someone can help me figure out what to do next...

when i search our phone number it gives me two listings - one for me and one for dh. i tried using the url to that page (with both listings) on the privacy form, but it says "The URL provided matches multiple listings. Please choose a single listing URL."

if i click on either of our separate listings, it takes me to a form where i have to sign up and pay for the info. isn't there a free way to do this?

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by urquie View Post
    here's the link to remove yourself. hopefully someone can help me figure out what to do next...

when i search our phone number it gives me two listings - one for me and one for dh. i tried using the url to that page (with both listings) on the privacy form, but it says "The URL provided matches multiple listings. Please choose a single listing URL."

if i click on either of our separate listings, it takes me to a form where i have to sign up and pay for the info. isn't there a free way to do this?
    i figured a way around it... i just searched by our names and was able to get separate listings.

ummmm....that's uncomfortably accurate for me and my hubby. Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by TonFirst View Post
    According to Spokeo, I'm a clerical worker with a graduate degree living in a $1M+ house in a below average neighborhood who subscribes to magazines and is not interested in politics. Of all that, the only thing that's true is that I do, in fact, subscribe to magazines.
    Hey, that's almost me, except I'm apparently in Upper Management/Executive (I wish!). And I live with my Dad And like wine? I mean, yeah, who doesn't, but it's not like it's a hobby of mine or something.

I checked all the other peoplefinder sites in the article Erica linked too. I'm not too concerned. I do like how you can sort of tell where they get their info from in case you want to try to tweak it or make it more private if possible. Everything that's out there about me is public record, no way to "hide" it. But there's also tons of misinformation too so I'm all good I'm also happy to report that my FB settings are as private as private can be and nothings getting linked from there.

Thanks for this. Other than the address, all of our information is wrong. Apparently we have 6 people living in this non-single family house that is 3x the actual value that doesn't have heat.

Then, when I put in my email, the info was correct with pictures! Scary!

I'm also happy to report that my cousin is living with her in-laws, and they've spelled a good friend's name incorrectly in a very funny way. She also lives with her inlaws. I wonder why they aggregate families like that? Maybe they're using mailing lists for mags or something - since we all subscribe to magazines and "love to read."

Based on the quick searches I did, the databases they're getting their info from are relatively new. It does not bring up any of my friends under their maiden names, only married, though there is certainly data out there under those names. But try those others in the about.come article - they're actually scarier than Spokeo.

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Evidently my house is in the middle of the Boneyard, where USAF stores its unneeded aircraft.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow...my Amazon wish list came up in a pipl.com search. Went and changed that to private...sheesh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast