Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Dry Max Rashes/Chemical Burns

I urge all of you having serious issues with the Dry Max causing chemical burns, severe rashes and leaks to join this Facebook group. Over 700 parents have joined already. If the link doesn't work, search Pampers bring back the OLD CRUISERS/SWADDLERS on Facebook. There is power in numbers and Pampers needs to realize this is a very serious issue.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/g...d=230956705705

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I bought Cruisers a few weeks a go and while the packaging was the SAME as the original Cruisers, the diapers were different. I was told this was Dry Max and Pampers were testing the product before relabeling and marketing. Is this true? If so, no issues with burning,etc. so far. They are skimpier, but have not caused us issues.

How can you tell if it's Dry Max? I thought I bought regular cruisers, but my daughter has a horrible rash and I can't seem to get rid of it! The ped asked me about the diapers, but I thought they were the originals...looks like the same box, bought at Sams...How can I tell? I'm about to switch to Huggies!
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

I had posted asking how to tell the difference b/c my daughter has a pretty bad rash. Turns out they are Dry Max (just saw it on the box in the garage), but I didn't even realize they were different. The ped had asked about the new cruisers and I told her I thought I had the old ones. She's got a rash in the diaper area, but it's not the usual diaper rash spots...it's in the front near the bend of the leg (where the blue part of the diaper is) and on the side/back? (hard to explain, but not the usual spot where they would get a rash from wet diapers... Ugh! I ended up buying Huggies today and I'm using Hydrocortizone and Eucerin (sp?) per ped suggestion... If that works, I guess I won't be buying Pampers anymore!
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

Quote Originally Posted by janine View Post
    I bought Cruisers a few weeks a go and while the packaging was the SAME as the original Cruisers, the diapers were different. I was told this was Dry Max and Pampers were testing the product before relabeling and marketing. Is this true? If so, no issues with burning,etc. so far. They are skimpier, but have not caused us issues.
    According to Pampers, they DID their testing on over 20,000 babies world-wide. They shipped out Dry Max in unmarked Cruisers boxes without any kind of marketing blast to us, the consumers.

http://adage.com/article?article_id=141552

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/0...arents-allege/

There's a lot more information on the FB page cited by OP. We're now numbering 1500. Pampers has apparently started to address the concerns but some of the answers really are offensive including them asserting the uproar as a result of us being parents getting our panties in a wad over change and/or that we aren't changing our children quickly enough & therefore making them marinate in poop & urine. I mean, really now...that's a horrible suggestion to make.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Wow, other than swaddlers, we've always been a kirkland/huggies family. Although I do get them if they're having a great sale/coupon. DD has very sensitive skin and now I will not get them regardless of price. Don't want to risk it. I think they should just keep dipes simple and avoid the chemicals!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm so frusturated by this. I have not tried dry max and have no desire to. The regular swaddlers are working just fine for us. I ran out to BRU and bought 4 boxes of swaddlers sensitive that did not say dry max. One box looks fine, but the other three have new designs on the waistband but no blue stripes around the legs like I see in the pictures of the new diapers. How can I tell? I have no clue. I can't wait until DD is big enough for Sam's Club diapers--we can't seem to find them smaller than a size 2.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm really disappointed in the dry max swaddlers. Now that DD2 has discovered her feet and frequently has them up in the air so she can play with them we are having diaper leaks. Since the absorbent material no longer goes up the back of the diaper the pee just runs right up and out the back if she's playing on her back with feet up. I had to change her pj's and bedding at 1am last night and again had the same issue as I was trying to get the girls out the door this morning. I really hate these diapers!!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I've had the worst luck with Pampers, every time I've tried them for DD. They never did fit her right, they leak up the back & now they get super-saggy...it's gross. We're a Huggies family. II'm embracing it & now not even a good coupon will make me sway.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Kymberley is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    I'm so frusturated by this. I have not tried dry max and have no desire to. The regular swaddlers are working just fine for us. I ran out to BRU and bought 4 boxes of swaddlers sensitive that did not say dry max. One box looks fine, but the other three have new designs on the waistband but no blue stripes around the legs like I see in the pictures of the new diapers. How can I tell? I have no clue. I can't wait until DD is big enough for Sam's Club diapers--we can't seem to find them smaller than a size 2.
    The old Swaddlers and Cruisers had the mesh liner. I know that the Dry Max Cruisers no longer have the mesh, but I'm not sure about the Swaddlers.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast