Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Roswell, GA, USA.
    Posts
    122

    Default

    I agree! If Pampers doesn't want to admit what's going on, that's fine. They've just lost another loyal Pampers user. I'm not a hysterical mom...This is DD2 who is 2 yrs old-all of a sudden she's got horrible diaper rash-and it's not in the spots that a normal rash would be. So it's not from pee, it's from something in the diapers!
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

  2. #22
    TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,008

    Default

    I don't believe it. I think we may try something else after we go through the 4 jumbo boxes I bought if pampers doesn't fix things. Hopefully it will be a while before we need to buy dipes though. Any thoughts on sam's club brand diapers?

    Also, what's the "one step better for the environment than the product replaced" that the pampers rep is taking about? How are these new diapers "better for the environment"?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

  3. #23
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    20,875

    Default

    I'm sorry so many of you have had issues. We have been using the new Pampers and no rashes so far. I liked the old Cruisers better though. I think they fit my babe better and I liked the old mesh lining better. I will keep you all posted if anything happens, but so far so good here. I don't understand why some companies mess with the tried and true. New Coke anyone?
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

  4. #24
    goldenpig's Avatar
    goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    2,863

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Also, what's the "one step better for the environment than the product replaced" that the pampers rep is taking about? How are these new diapers "better for the environment"?
    I think they're claiming that because the new diapers are thinner, less material goes into the landfill overall. I don't think they're greener in any other way.
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,019

    Default

    I hate the swaddlers with dry max. DD leaks pee out the back every single night and I was so sick of changing her pjs and her bedding at 1am. Plus after about 4 days she did start to develop a rash...not as bad as many are posting about...but still a rash. Worst part is I have 3 BJ's jumbo cases (over 500 diapers) of unmarked dry max diapers (old packaging but snuck the new dipes in). I called Pampers to request a refund. They will refund me the full $120 plus shipping, I just have to ship them the cases. Haven't done it yet, but can't wait to see the look on the UPS Store guys face when I ask to ship 3 huge boxes of diapers back to the company!!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

    Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

  6. #26
    DrSally's Avatar
    DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    USA.
    Posts
    16,610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    I hate the swaddlers with dry max. DD leaks pee out the back every single night and I was so sick of changing her pjs and her bedding at 1am. Plus after about 4 days she did start to develop a rash...not as bad as many are posting about...but still a rash. Worst part is I have 3 BJ's jumbo cases (over 500 diapers) of unmarked dry max diapers (old packaging but snuck the new dipes in). I called Pampers to request a refund. They will refund me the full $120 plus shipping, I just have to ship them the cases. Haven't done it yet, but can't wait to see the look on the UPS Store guys face when I ask to ship 3 huge boxes of diapers back to the company!!
    I wonder if BJ's would even take them and send them back to the manufacturer? Costco will take open packs of dipes if you're unsatisfied. I don't use Pampers personally (don't like the scent and don't fit my DD well), but I feel for everyone who's had problems. DD got chemical burns from tagless tags and I know how horrifying it can be.
    Sally

    My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

    Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I wonder if BJ's would even take them and send them back to the manufacturer? Costco will take open packs of dipes if you're unsatisfied. I don't use Pampers personally (don't like the scent and don't fit my DD well), but I feel for everyone who's had problems. DD got chemical burns from tagless tags and I know how horrifying it can be.
    Hmm...good question. I should call them and find out before I lug my stuff to UPS. I'd be willing to take a store credit...I spend enough $ at BJs!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

    Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LaCostaMom View Post
    Someone pointed out on the FB page cited by OP that when you calculate



    that amounts to ~15 diapers per baby. That is roughly diaper changes over 2 days. Many parents report that it took a bit longer for the burns to appear.

    I'm not sure how long it took with my children as I never even suspected the diapers as I bought the unmarked dry max in the old cruiser packaging.

    I was in NICU this morning & happened to be there to change my newborn niece's dirty diaper. She started crying when I started to wipe (cloth & water). I was livid when I raised her legs & found her bottom to be an angry red - the same red that my children first got which turned into ugly red chemical burns within a matter of hours. I called the NICU nurse over immediately & her eyes about popped out of her head. I called to have someone go out for Huggies newborn dipes as they told me that the hospital only stocks Pampers. It took 4 days for my niece to react to the diapers.

    I don't know that I would blame your niece's rash on the diapers just yet. My DD had a rash the whole time she was in the NICU and it had everything to do with the frequency of diaper changes and when they did them which was not often enough IMO. She would poop during and after feeds often and most nurses would only change her diaper at the next feed so she sat with a dirty diaper the whole time.

    In regards to the original post, we have been using dry max for a month now without issue. I actually like them better thus far and I hope we don't have issues as I don't like huggies.
    Last edited by Rainbows&Roses; 04-30-2010 at 09:39 PM.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows&Roses View Post
    I don't know that I would blame your niece's rash on the diapers just yet. My DD had a rash the whole time she was in the NICU and it had everything to do with the frequency of diaper changes and when they did them which was not often enough IMO. She would poop during and after feeds often and most nurses would only change her diaper at the next feed so she sat with a dirty diaper the whole time.

    In regards to the original post, we have been using dry max for a month now without issue. I actually like them better thus far and I hope we don't have issues as I don't like huggies.
    I think the real test will be now that DN is home as of this evening. In the meantime, both the PR dept & materials specialist for the hospital have been alerted to be on the look-out just in case. I think the consumer along with health care organizations (like Children's & Woman's Hospitals where Pampers has a stronghold) should be warned.

    To be clear, I realize that not all children have experienced what thousands of others have and if those parents wish to continue to use Pampers AND review them based on their experiences, I have absolutely NO issue.

    What I do have an issue with is Pampers' deceptive practices, their refusal to acknowledge that their diapers could be the culprit of these burns and their insinuation that we, the concerned parents, are letting our children marinate in urine & feces therefore causing rashes. Their upper management has been downright patronizing.

    As for eco-friendly? Meh. In the 2 weeks that I had the misfortune to diaper my children in DM, for the first time in 2 years I had to change them overnight because I found them in their cribs in the middle of the night soaked in urine. That meant a diaper change, change of PJs, change of mattress cover & change of sheet. That was EVERY NIGHT for 2 weeks! Add to that the fact that I had to change their clothes during the day for leaks.

    Eco-friendly? More diapers used, more wipes used, more laundry, more water. Not so eco-friendly. Friendly for Pampers maybe considering how many more diapers & Pampers wipes I used!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    I'm sorry so many of you have had issues. We have been using the new Pampers and no rashes so far. I liked the old Cruisers better though. I think they fit my babe better and I liked the old mesh lining better. I will keep you all posted if anything happens, but so far so good here. I don't understand why some companies mess with the tried and true. New Coke anyone?
    I'm really glad you've had no issues! I wouldn't wish these issues on any child (or parent)!

    New Coke? Yes! I don't know why they messed with it either. Pampers is saying these (dry max) are more economical to make but I haven't seen a drop in price. It's about THEIR bottom line and not necessarily what's best for the consumer. The Cruisers, in my opinion, were really great diapers! I would have gladly kept my children in them for the remainder of their diaper usage. But then they had to "improve" them with DM and I've been an unhappy diaper-using mama. I am trying to fast-track to potty training but my LO's aren't ready. *sigh*

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •