Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post
    I am still using up my case of Drymax diapers for day time use, but then plan to switch to something else, starting with Pampers Baby Dry.

I used Pampers for 18 mos without issue and now they choose to introduce something that ticks me off Seriously, do they think I have time to wake up at 4am when DD's diaper leaks, makes her wet, and then subsequently....cold? I'm not impressed by the new and improved.
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I just ordered some Huggies Overnight and will probably switch to Baby Dry or Little Movers. Thanks all! Really, replacing the Cruisers has to be one of the dumbest moves of all time!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Over the last month, I've been using Huggies Little Movers (sz 6) for DS 24/7 and have had absolutely no issues. They are really performing well. Kind of stiff...but DS doesn't seem to be uncomfortable.

DD has been in 7th Generation (sz 4, then 3, now 4) for the past month. I really like that they are chlorine-free. From the time DD was born (& in Pampers), her pee has always stunk. Ever since I switched to 7th Gen - no bad pee smell! I'm guessing the chemical reacted badly with her urine.

I'll be switching her to Huggies Little Movers when I'm done with the last of our 7th Gen. DD has had quite a few leaks around her thighs so while I like them being chlorine-free, the leaks have been a pita. Hopefully, Huggies won't make her urine smell funky again.

Has anyone else had issues with the front of the diaper feeling damp? When using the dm overnight, it just seemed if I didn't change him the second he peed, the front of his dipe, and his PJs felt damp. (and we're still doing multiple dipe changes at night)

I have always been a pamper user, but I refuse to buy them now. I'm not paying a premium price for an inferior product.

We're not huggies fans, so I switched to Luvs. 2 huge boxes later - no rashes, no leaks, no complaints. i still like the old swaddlers/cruisers better but the luvs work well and are so much less expensive.
    Dena

Super Crunchy Mama to:
    ('06) The big guy

('09) The little guy

('12) and the diva

Learning to live with MSPI, FPIES and Food Allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmommy2b View Post
    Has anyone else had issues with the front of the diaper feeling damp? When using the dm overnight, it just seemed if I didn't change him the second he peed, the front of his dipe, and his PJs felt damp. (and we're still doing multiple dipe changes at night)

I have always been a pamper user, but I refuse to buy them now. I'm not paying a premium price for an inferior product.

We're not huggies fans, so I switched to Luvs. 2 huge boxes later - no rashes, no leaks, no complaints. i still like the old swaddlers/cruisers better but the luvs work well and are so much less expensive.
    Yes...for DS - he leaked through the front which had NEVER happened before. With DD, she was leaking from seemingly all points while carrying what looked like a pound of sand in the bottom of her diaper.

They are 2 yrs old and I had never had to change them because of wet pjs & bedding overnight until DM!

I really, really miss the old Cruisers but could have done w/out the chemical smells (although that makes you wonder how effective they'd be without chemicals).

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wow, this is the first I've heard about this. We're planning on CD the baby, but I was just going to use sposies in the hospital for convenience. I guess I'd better bring a pack of Huggies if I want to do that!
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm finding the baby dry work well. I did discover that one of my boxes of swaddlers was still the old kind (we stocked up back in January) so I'm totally rationing them and using them for night time.

No clue why Pampers messed with something so good. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

llama8 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmommy2b View Post

I too have stopped using Pampers with the Drymax. I tried 3 swaddlers DryMax and they were terrible, I returned the whole box for a full refund. They leaked and smelled so unhealthy.

I have been using Luvs now for a few weeks and we have had not one leak (even overnight). I am very impressed by them too. I also liked the Huggies Snug and Dry.

We are almost into size 3 diapers so I think I will continue to use Luvs. I am done with Pampers products (especially after I got the new Drymax diapers in an older box. Pamper snuck them in without labeling, making my child a guinea pig.)

I do realize Luvs is also P&G, but they are not Pampers! I haven't had any issues with the front of the Luvs diaper feeling damp, even after a full night with no change....but I do have a girl (that may make a difference).
    Last edited by llama8; 05-04-2010 at 07:48 PM.

sorry to hear all you mamas are going through this. my gf who has a 1 yr old is having the same issue! i can't believe how pampers is handling this!!!
    we never did good with pampers or luvs. i used huggies and huggies supremes until dd was 1 yr old. then we switched to the walmart ones, cloud or something? one of the mama's recommended them and they worked great, not to mention much easier on the pocketbook! and no leaks!!!

good luck mamas and hugs to your babies
    K
    DD#1 05/09

Quote Originally Posted by LaCostaMom View Post
    Yes...for DS - he leaked through the front which had NEVER happened before.
    We are also having a problem with DS2 leaking in the front at night with the Cruisers Dry Max. I moved up to size 5 because I thought 4s might be getting too small, and it is still happening--not every night, but often enough. We've been back and forth between Pampers and Huggies with DS2 (with DS1 we were Swaddlers and Cruisers all the way). So I might just go with the Huggies from now on.

Actually, I'm experimenting right now with Target's Up and Up Brand, because a bunch of moms on here said they liked them and they are similar to Huggies. I do like them pretty well so far. We'll see...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast