Question New to online shopping... Help

I'm looking to buy an Evenflo Triumph Advance DLX. I found it for an incredible (or at least I think it's incredible) price of $119.99 on Albee Baby. Only thing is I don't know if Albee Baby is a safe site to shop from... has anyone had problems with them or are they know to be trustwothy and hassle free. I'm just concerned that I'm going to have to go through a huge hassle. I don't want to have to worry too much about getting the wrong thing shipped or something like that... *sigh* this online shopping thing is difficult...

When I'm not sure about an online store I check www.resellerratings.com for customer satisfaction and reviews. Here's their entry on Albee Baby:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Albee_Baby

And just a general tip, when you go to pay, make sure you check your browser's Address Bar and make sure the URL (web address) starts with "https" and NOT just "http." The extra "s" indicates the site is encrypted and that you're not just going to a "dummy" site that only looks like the real one.

Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.
    --Dr. Seuss

Penelope Grace
    Born 02.25.2010

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have never shopped with them, but there was a recent thread about them:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...d.php?t=355732

Sounds like YMMV.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

I just found another thread discussing Albee Baby and It looks like they aren't too reliable. *Sigh* any suggestions??

I've shopped them multiple times and I've always had a good experience.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

same here, shopped twice with them and was happy both times. Everything arrived fast and as expected. I can't speak of their CS as I never had to use it.

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've bought several things from Albee Baby online (including 2 car seats), never had a problem, and they usually do have the best price. And the free shipping in large orders (over $99 I think?) is a great plus.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by edurnemk View Post
    I've bought several things from Albee Baby online (including 2 car seats), never had a problem, and they usually do have the best price. And the free shipping in large orders (over $99 I think?) is a great plus.

Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I have also bought from Albee and really heard relatively few complaints about them. They do have a restocking fee and can be hard to reach on the phone, but that can be said of many online retailers and just something to factor into the price.

ETA: That cover (Sandbox) was a BRU exclusive last year and might mean the seat is a bit dated. Also, BRU has a $10 off every $50 coupon out right now that puts the BRU price for the EFTA LX at the same as Albee.

ETA2: If you are going through Albee, I would spend $10 more and get the good LATCH connectors on the Premier.
    Last edited by o_mom; 04-13-2010 at 10:38 PM.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)