Default Heart 2 Heart Insert

DS is only 7 weeks old, so we've been using the H2H infant insert with our Ergo. However, he seems to be too tall for the insert... almost his entire head pops out of the Ergo, and he has no neck support. He's about 22-23" tall, which (I believe) is average height. Am I using the insert incorrectly???

Has anyone used the insert without the 'Bottom Support Cushion'? It seems to work better with my DS without it, but apparently it's for spine development... yikes! Help!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am in the same boat with my DD, so I am looking to consult with my local babywearing group!

(I also have an EllaRoo wrap that DD likes OK so far, so I am not totally up a creek.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Please let me know what other people in the babywearing group have to say! Thanks! We've been using the insert without the butt cushion.

goldenpig is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes, I can't seem to get the hang of this H2H insert either. I end up having to put it a little sideways (like the old insert) because when I put him upright, he seems too tall for the Ergo pouch and doesn't get much head support. Maybe I'll try taking out the bottom cushion. Let me know what they say!
    Party of five!
    Double big sister
    Big brother
    Little brother