♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default i think my 3-month old is teething!

just looked today and he has 2 or 3 little white spots (look like teeth coming in?) on his bottom gum! and for the past few days he has been drooling like CRAZY (have to put a bib on him now, otherwise he soaks his onesie). also, he likes putting his hand in his mouth a LOT (he would suck his thumb, but now he seems to be wanting to bite his whole fist more). and today he spit up several times (which is rare for him, for the past 2 weeks he has not spit up at all). eek!

anyway, just loaded up on a bunch of teething toys at Buy Buy Baby (Razberry teether pacifier, other teething rings). any other suggestions? he still doesn't have great hand control yet so it's hard for him to hold a teething ring or something in his mouth. so far his hand seems to be doing the trick though..see how long that lasts. hasnt started fussing all that much but i am trying to prepare myself for it...

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Tylenol. Not much else you can do. It might not be a major event; only one of my four had a real rough time with teething. BTW, my 3 youngest all got their first teeth at 3mo, and had at least 8 teeth by 6 mo! You'll miss the gummy little grin but quickly get used to a new, toothy smile!
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Could be Epstein pearls (which are nothing to worry about) - one of our girls had one for the longest time. Ask your ped at the next check-up.

DD2 didn't like her Razberry, the cold teethers, or even Sophie the giraffe. She just chewed on her lovie, my sleeve, or me (fingers and nipples!). We gave Tylenol or Motrin, but it didn't always help. Sometimes she just fussed for a while!

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Hylands teething tablets. Baby crack.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

KayBug started teething at 3 months and at 5 months still has no teeth. She is exactly like you described and has been for months. I'd skip most of the teething toys. DD has nearly a dozen and won't use them. SHe bites my hand or her hands and occassionally one teether by nuby this one in both the 'odd ball' (the first one) and the 'hand'. She likes those sometimes but not a whole lot. She might use the razberry paci if I bought it I haven't tried it but I have seen her chewing her paci occasionally. Like you said she doesn't have the ability to use her hands to get in it her mouth and a lot of them are too large for her.

Baby oragel has helpped DD. We also have a gum stimulator/tooth brush by safey first she likes me to rub on them. I use it to apply the oragel and apply counter pressure to her gums. Teething tablets have been recommended to me by TONS of people but I haven't tried them yet as they help with fussiness and she's not too fussy yet.

clb is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

My DS's first teeth came early too. We used to give him washcloths soaked in cold water. He didn't take to teethers.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My DC's both got their first teeth at 4 months, I second the Hylands tablets, they dissolve on their gums and some Tylenol, I was lucky though, my kids had discomfort for about a day or so and never drooled.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thanks everyone for the replies. this morning i looked and next to 2 white dots he has what appears to be a tooth protruding from the center of the bottom gum. DH doesn't believe that it's a tooth but i guess we'll see in a matter of days!

and about the "baby crack"... so hilarious, that's what my friend called it when her son was teething. it was funny because she would be like "X, do you want your baby crack now?" in shopping mall or something and all these parents would give her the strangest looks, hehe!

and about the Razberry teether, i tried to give it to him but it seems it's a tad too big for his mouth, and he spits it out a lot. i will try the cold washcloths next time he seems to be fussing. right now the paci's work ok..he didn't usually like pacis so much but now they seem to help.

anyway, i will definitely ask my ped about all this at next appt..though next appt is in 3 weeks so who knows, he might have a whole set then, LOL!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Center bottom is the typical place for 1st teeth. My DD has 6 teeth by 4 months so I can believe she's teething. Get Sophie, have Tylenol on hand, be prepared for a lot of drool. But really it wasn't that bad for us - some discomfort, some night waking, but not pain / distress like you might expect from how bad teething sounds like it should be.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5