Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Double/sit n stand for 2 kids (58 lbs and 24 lbs)...

I've tried to search the threads, but can't find what I'm looking for...We have a 2 yr old 24 lb DD and a 58 lb 5 1/2 yr old DD. We don't have a stroller for our 5 yo, but I'm thinking we will need a stroller for our older DD to take breaks in after 10-12+ hrs of walking for 7 days in Disney. I don't want side by side b/c she won't be in it much and they take up so much room width-wise. I was thinking of a sit n stand so that we can just push the 2 yr old at least 1/2 the time and then my 5 yo can take breaks as needed. I don't want to rent the double at the park since that would be over $200! I'd rather buy one new for maybe $150 or buy something used that I can sell when I get back. (Haven't had much luck on CL in the last few days...not many options and we're here in Atlanta.) I saw Joovy Caboose with 45 lb weight limit and Sit N Stand with 40 lb weight limit. What about those weight limits? Any advice on any of them? Any other choices? I've heard mention of the boards that can be attached? Do they attach to certain ones-if so which ones? TIA for any and all info!
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

Default Sit n stand or big single?

I'm still hoping for a good sit n stand option, but I'm considering getting a single with a higher (55-65 lb) weight limit so 2 yr old can ride mostly, but 5 yr old can take a break occasionally. (Which means one of us holding 2 yr old, on DH's shoulders or in Hipster, if I'd still do that at 24-25 pounds in the July heat!) Ugh! At least I have time to find some deals on-line or get something on CL, but I need to figure out my options. Help!
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

Quote Originally Posted by mama2zoe View Post
    I'm still hoping for a good sit n stand option, but I'm considering getting a single with a higher (55-65 lb) weight limit so 2 yr old can ride mostly, but 5 yr old can take a break occasionally. (Which means one of us holding 2 yr old, on DH's shoulders or in Hipster, if I'd still do that at 24-25 pounds in the July heat!) Ugh! At least I have time to find some deals on-line or get something on CL, but I need to figure out my options. Help!
    We're doing something similar. We have 2 yr old DD and 50+ lb DS. Right now I'm planning on taking our Triumph (says 55 lb weight limit) and then buying a cheapo umbrella stroller at Target/Walmart because I'm thinking we would likely divide up and not necessarily need a double stroller. We're also going with 10 other people though so the chance that we're going to divide up is pretty good!

I'm figuring that DD can ride in the cheap one but for napping might go in the other and/or DS will ride in that if he needs a break. We're going this week and I can let you know how it works out.

We do have the Joovy Caboose which I think you mentioned. DS can sit on the back but I'd rather not bring that one if I don't have to. It's a bit bulky (as would any double stroller would be though) and I'm really hoping this works.
    Debbie

Default Please let me know how it goes!

Please let me know how it goes! I'm now thinking maybe getting the Mac Volo (people said it's easy to carry with strap?) and is pretty light and has 55lb weight limit. If I can find a deal on a Techno XLR, that has a 65 lb weight limit, but I don't want to pay over $200 for a stroller we'll use for a week I may take our umbrella (Chicco, don't know the name, but I think it's the lightest umbrella they have), have 2 yr old ride in the new one and carry the Chicco, then put 5 yr old in Mac when needed, but carry the chicco? (also has a bag.) Aahhh!!! Didn't think this would be such a big deal.

Thanks for telling me about the Joovy b/c I was seriously thinking about it, but if you say it's really big, then maybe we'll stick with 2 singles... It will only be the 4 of us, but I think we will split up here and there (pretty close together, but still split up), so that might be good...

Let me know how it goes and have fun! Where are you staying? (in park or out?) We'll be staying off park, driving our van each day, if that also makes a difference... Thanks so much!

Any other advice is also gladly accepted
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

Quote Originally Posted by mama2zoe View Post

Thanks for telling me about the Joovy b/c I was seriously thinking about it, but if you say it's really big, then maybe we'll stick with 2 singles... It will only be the 4 of us, but I think we will split up here and there (pretty close together, but still split up), so that might be good...

Let me know how it goes and have fun! Where are you staying? (in park or out?) We'll be staying off park, driving our van each day, if that also makes a difference... Thanks so much!
    Well, the Joovy isn't HUGE but it's not small. And if you're using it mainly for one child then it's very very big. It's definitely smaller than a double stroller though. And that's usually our go-to stroller (the Joovy ultralight caboose...I think that's what it is. One child sits in front and the other can sit on a little platform in the back). I honestly don't know what the weight limit is. DS rides on the back but not often. And he can't really lean back or anything so that's why I thought I'd prefer a different stroller for Disney.

We're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. It's sort of a family reunion and there will be 14 of us total (only four kids though). I'm a little dreading it...though I used to love Disney! I just keep repeating to myself, it'll be fun, it'll be fun, it'll be fun...
    Debbie

Default Any experience with Volo? small wheels?

Sidmand, how is the Triumph at Disney? I'm trying to decide between Volo (wheels seem small...), Triumph, Quest and Techno... Of course trying to decide the cheapest one I can comfortably get away with. Was thinking Volo, but now I'm not so sure the smaller wheels are good...they're just a tad smaller and maybe seem cheaper? Anyone else?
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

Default 2008 Mac Triumph for $120 or new (2010?) Volo for $100

I'm considering Mac Triumph or Volo...What would you do? There are some 2008 Mac Triumphs on ebay (in pink, which is fine/great for me) for $120 and I can get a Volo from BRU for about $100 with a 20% off coupon. What would you do? I'm getting this so my 58lb almost 6 yr old has somewhere to rest while at Disney for a week, but will most likely keep it (and sell something else) for my DD#2. Is the 2008 worth it for 120 or should I just get newer? Did I hear there were some new features such as bigger canopy at some point? Thanks for any info!
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

Just wanted to let you know the two strollers worked well. We even accidentally left our Triumph at the airport (long story!) and the first day DS walked and was okay, but tired.

We bought a cheapish stroller at Target. It was $35 but had a canopy and underneath storage. It was a little short but it worked really well for Disney and for pushing DD through the hotel (which was HUGE: Animal Kingdom Lodge...it was a long long way from our room to the door!).

Both folded up pretty easily although I think we only took the tram once. Most times we were close enough from where we parked to just walk to the entrance.

We intended to leave the cheap stroller behind but it was really helpful and we took it back with us so we had something in the airport and gate checked it but didn't really care if it got damaged. Of course that one came through perfectly!
    Debbie

Glad you had fun! So what 2 strollers were you using, after losing the Triumph I'm considering (at the moment) Triumph, (Techno if I can get a super great deal), Keekaroo or Britax Blink... Also thinking possibly of a jogger, but so far the only ones I can find with 55lb+ limit is the Baby Jogger City Elite (or BJ Summit XC), which has 75lb limit. Not sure if I want to get a jogger or spend that kind of money. Aahh!

Can't wait for our trip!
    DD 8/04 and DD 4/08

We actually got the Triumph back the next day. The Magical Express got it for us and it just appeared in our room.

So DS rode in the Triumph (and he's about 52 lbs) and DD rode in the other which was some kind of Cosco stroller. I think she's about 30 lbs. Once in awhile she went in the Triumph but most of the time she was in the other and was fine. She even fell asleep (albeit briefly, but not because of the stroller) in the stroller a couple of afternoons.
    Debbie

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast