Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Post pics of your completed craft projects here!

Members have requested we have a pinned thread to showcase your completed craft projects! So here we go!

Alan & Denise
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

MamaSnoo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I suggested this, but I have been bad about not posting anything. This is my first ever post with a picture, so I hope it works!

I made these guys for DD and her cousin. They are crochet, as I cannot knit.
    Last edited by MamaSnoo; 05-01-2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: ouchies.....my picture did not work. I'll try to figure it out.
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I made a couple pillowcase dresses for our trip to WDW. This is my first sewing attempt ever (and first attempt at adding pics!).

edit - need to fix pics.... be back soon!

eta: I think that worked. If I posted it wrong, please let me know! I also made a giraffe print pillowcase dress for Animal Kingdom, but my camera is mad at me and I can't take a pic. I did a terrible job, but this is the first time I have ever used a sewing machine, so I am pretty proud
    Last edited by fivi2; 05-02-2010 at 05:36 PM.

Those look awesome....great job for a first sewing project!!! How old is your DD? Seems like those might be around a 4T size? My DD is 2, and those would be so comfy and cool for the summer!

I still have to figure out how to make my pictures work!
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Thanks!

lol - good guess - my girls are 4 yo. I didn't use a real pattern, so they aren't an official size. I googled pillowcase dress thanks to JTsMom (my enabler over on the Disney thread) and got instructions. I kind of held the fabric up to see how long it should be. The seams are all wonky and there are some big goofs, but when they are wearing them you can't really tell. (at least that is what I tell myself!) They were fun to make. But now my girls want me to put a mickey head on everything they own!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Those look great. I want to try my second set of pillowcase dresses soon. The first ones I made are definitely very rough!

Yesterday I did my first ever booth at a May Day festival. I was trying to sell my crocheted dolls, scrubbies, wash clothes and a couple scarves. I made $5. Wooohooo. That almost half covered my lunch and the sunscreen I had to buy at the last minute because it was in the 90's. I actually had a lot of fun at the festival though and I didn't have to pay for the booth so no worries.

I just finished this quilt for my youngest's bed:

I bought this table for $.50 at a garage sale and spray painted it (and the lamp).

to make it into this:

Here are some skirts I made last fall:

I made these scrub shirts for my niece for Christmas:
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Melaine - Post some pics! I am impressed that you did a booth at a craft fair!

Angela - Wow - you are very crafty! The quilt and the skirts are adorable.

Ok, I am going to try again with my picture of my crochet piglets. I too want to see pics of the crochet dolls from the craft fair!

This is fun....I like seeing everybody's stuff!
    Bug-a-wug 3/2008

Baby-Boy 5/2012.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaSnoo View Post
    Ok, I am going to try again with my picture of my crochet piglets. I too want to see pics of the crochet dolls from the craft fair!

This is fun....I like seeing everybody's stuff!
    Ok, I LOOOVE these! So much that I am now inspired to learn how to crochet! How long have you been crocheting for? Is that a very advanced project to complete? How did you learn? Hope you dont mind all my questions...
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast