Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tmarie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default At what age did dc outgrow Little People?

We have a TON of Little People toys, but they barely get touched. Dd#1 didn't play with them at all. Dd#2 did starting very young, but now at 22mo she is much more interested in her big sister's Loving Family dollhouse. I'm dropping off some things at a consignment tomorrow, and wondering if I'll regret selling these now...I hate to see them gather dust and take up so much room in our play area!

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My kid who is turning six in June still loves the playsets. She would rather play with them than her bigger dollhouse and Barbies. Very much a YMMV thing.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My boys never liked them.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Around 5yo.

Beth

DD#1 never really loved them or paid much attention to them...until Ds #2 came along. She's played more with them this spring (at 5.5 years old) than ever before. Makes me happy since they're safe for Ds #2 to play with as well.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Every time I consider getting rid of all our our Little People, DD (3.5) "rediscovers" them again and plays with them in an entirely different way than last the last time she was playing with them often. We have the Loving Family dollhouse and tons of Playmobil people, both of which she loves, but the Little People do make a strong showing every few months for at least a month or so...with very involved playing.

Again, YMMV, but I've come sooooo close to getting rid of them a few times and always feel very relieved that I didn't when I see her with them.

mecawa is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I had put them away about a year and a half ago (when DD1 was about 4 1/2) but i brought them back upstairs for DD2 and DD1 was actually playing with them yesterday (for about 2 hours!!) and she is 6.

Other than the zoo set and the cars, our kids really didn't play with them that much. I still remember as a kid spending hours setting up a whole neighborhood with the older, smaller sized wooden and plastic ones... oh the memories.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My kids still like them, even the 8 year old.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast