Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The laptap lunch is a nice concept but it has too many parts and can be a bit difficult to open. I just bought www.easylunchboxes.com for my DC's lunch and we really like them. Only 2 pieces and they are easy to open and close. I was using a bunch of small containers for DS's lunch and this is so much easier. I didn't buy the cooler from them b/c they fit fine in the coolers I already have.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    The laptap lunch is a nice concept but it has too many parts and can be a bit difficult to open. I just bought www.easylunchboxes.com for my DC's lunch and we really like them. Only 2 pieces and they are easy to open and close. I was using a bunch of small containers for DS's lunch and this is so much easier. I didn't buy the cooler from them b/c they fit fine in the coolers I already have.
    I also use a bunch of small Glad containers for my DDs lunchbox, but I want to get something easier for next school year. Are these leakproof? I often put fruit cups in the small containers because DD has a hard time pulling the plastic cover off the top without spilling the juice all over. I usually pour most of the juice out but I wouldn't want excess juice to leak all in her lunchbox. The containers I use now work great but I'm tired of trying to fit them all in her lunchbox! These would be a lot easier.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

How do these latch shut? On the video demo it looked like there were two side snaps or something. I couldn't really tell. I too am wondering if these are leakproof.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal_Stores View Post
    I also use a bunch of small Glad containers for my DDs lunchbox, but I want to get something easier for next school year. Are these leakproof? I often put fruit cups in the small containers because DD has a hard time pulling the plastic cover off the top without spilling the juice all over. I usually pour most of the juice out but I wouldn't want excess juice to leak all in her lunchbox. The containers I use now work great but I'm tired of trying to fit them all in her lunchbox! These would be a lot easier.
    The reviews on one blog say that the compartments are not sealed, so the juice would leak throughout the container. I think that she mentioned used Glad press n seal to keep it contained in one section??
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

sue_g is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Do they fit in a lunchbox (like Wildkin) with a funtainer?

Quote Originally Posted by cono0507 View Post
    I just read about these on that blog too and just ordered them. Much more affordable than buying a LTL for each kid. And we can just put them in the lunchboxes the kids already have. I'm excited to try them out!
    I am getting ready to order them too, but $8.xx+ for shipping on $14.00 YIKES!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2mack&max View Post
    I am getting ready to order them too, but $8.xx+ for shipping on $14.00 YIKES!
    I agree! I just contacted them to see if they will offer a BBB code. I will update when I hear more.
    Gina

Mom to two boys born 4/04 and 4/06. Always looking for a good bargain!!

Madelyn is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Just got the Laptop lunchbox system (flowered case) using the recent 40% Diapers.com code. Wasn't planning on it but couldn't resist for my daughter to use when she starts preschool in the fall. I always liked the Laptop system but never broke down and purchased for my 2 sons. When they were in preschool I used a 3-sectioned Tupperware divided plate I already had and I placed that in a lunchbox. Was excited when I got the Laptop system but the lids do look too hard for my 3 year old daughter to remove. So I may not get to use it in the fall like I had hoped.

Response from Easy Lunchbox folks:

Hi Gina,

Thanks for your email and letting me know about the enthusiasm for my lunchboxes on the Baby Bargains Forum!
    So great to hear

As a parent and thrifty shopper as well, my goal was to offer a well made product at an affordable price. So while my EasyLunchbox system is at least half the cost of many other lunch box products on the market, I don't have control over shipping costs, which have gone up considerably of late with fuel surcharges, etc.

I know shipping is expensive, and believe me, we make no profit on it. In fact, depending on the destination zip code, we usually lose a couple of dollars by offering the $8.95 flat rate. Many zip codes closer to San Diego, CA (where we ship from) actually get sent via first class mail, which ends up costing less than $8.95 (customer has a choice at checkout).

Please use the code GREENIT at checkout to take 10% off your order between now and Labor Day. This will offset the shipping charges a bit and is in support of the Green My Lunchbox Campaign (http://www.greenmylunchbox.com/)

Another idea is to order with another family, and then you would get free shipping if your order goes over $50.

Thanks again for writing, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions!

Sincerely yours,
    Kelly Lester, Mom & CEO

http://www.EasyLunchboxes.com

(800) 867-9229

http://twitter.com/EasyLunchboxes

http://facebook.com/EasyLunchboxes
    Gina

Mom to two boys born 4/04 and 4/06. Always looking for a good bargain!!

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pjsmom30 View Post
    Response from Easy Lunchbox folks:

Hi Gina,

Thanks for your email and letting me know about the enthusiasm for my lunchboxes on the Baby Bargains Forum!
    So great to hear

As a parent and thrifty shopper as well, my goal was to offer a well made product at an affordable price. So while my EasyLunchbox system is at least half the cost of many other lunch box products on the market, I don't have control over shipping costs, which have gone up considerably of late with fuel surcharges, etc.

I know shipping is expensive, and believe me, we make no profit on it. In fact, depending on the destination zip code, we usually lose a couple of dollars by offering the $8.95 flat rate. Many zip codes closer to San Diego, CA (where we ship from) actually get sent via first class mail, which ends up costing less than $8.95 (customer has a choice at checkout).

Please use the code GREENIT at checkout to take 10% off your order between now and Labor Day. This will offset the shipping charges a bit and is in support of the Green My Lunchbox Campaign (http://www.greenmylunchbox.com/)

Another idea is to order with another family, and then you would get free shipping if your order goes over $50.

Thanks again for writing, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions!

Sincerely yours,
    Kelly Lester, Mom & CEO

http://www.EasyLunchboxes.com

(800) 867-9229

http://twitter.com/EasyLunchboxes

http://facebook.com/EasyLunchboxes
    Wow, that is cool that she responded quickly and personally. Thanks for taking the effort to look into a BBB code for us! I think I will order a set of these to try out.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast