Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    .
    Posts
    7,038

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MommyofAmaya View Post
    All right. I'm convinced.

    Think I could link the Etsy seller to this thread to explain why I'm bowing out?
    Just use the old "We've decided to go in a different direction..."
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    326

    Default

    the eye patch and bandanna are a nice change to the hat most folsk use if you don't like the quality of what you are able to find....

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,995

    Default

    Ok after visiting another local party store, I've decided on these hats:

    http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/sh...roductsCatalog

    and this patch/sword combo:
    http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/br...+With+Eyepatch

    I feel better about this choice. I just hope the hats fit. Any ideas for personalization? "Amaya's pirate party" is a snooze.

    ETA: Found a click-through for free ship.
    Last edited by MommyofAmaya; 04-21-2010 at 03:55 PM.
    ~C~

    Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

  4. #14
    JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    8,666

    Default

    Yo Ho Yo Ho
    A Pirate's Life For Me
    Shiver Me Timbers
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

  5. #15
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    20,860

    Default

    I had a pirate party for DS1. We got our stuff here:

    http://www.birthdayinabox.com/search...keyword=pirate

    We got the hats (which were great - foam like - not paper), the eye patches and the inflatable swords. The swords were a big hit. We also had coins decorating the table which looked really cool.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

  6. #16
    arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    20,860

    Default

    BTW, Amaya has to meet my DS. Sounds like they would be fast pirate friends.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    I had a pirate party for DS1. We got our stuff here:

    http://www.birthdayinabox.com/search...keyword=pirate

    We got the hats (which were great - foam like - not paper), the eye patches and the inflatable swords. The swords were a big hit. We also had coins decorating the table which looked really cool.
    I just saw these hats at our local store this morning and they were only $2.19.
    ~C~

    Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    BTW, Amaya has to meet my DS. Sounds like they would be fast pirate friends.
    Awww. I bet they would. Her "best friend" atm is a very pirate-like young man of three.
    ~C~

    Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    9,979

    Default

    I love the stuff you found at Oriental trading company.

    We bought a good deal of the pirate stuff from Birthday in a Box for Joshua's 5th birthday party. It was all very cute, and they had great customer service. We ended up ordering too much, not everyone came, and they were great about taking back anything we didn't need.

    FYI...Trader Joes has bags of chocolate gold coins for a good price.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    2,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post

    We bought a good deal of the pirate stuff from Birthday in a Box for Joshua's 5th birthday party. It was all very cute, and they had great customer service. We ended up ordering too much, not everyone came, and they were great about taking back anything we didn't need.

    FYI...Trader Joes has bags of chocolate gold coins for a good price.
    That is exactly what I was worried about. What if everybody flakes last minute (this happened two years ago). Then I'm stuck with the stuff. That's why I try to stick to local for stuff like this.

    No TJs here.
    ~C~

    Mama to a curious daughter born in May 2006 and a persistent son born in July 2008.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •