Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post

i am not the greatest cook and things like this has happened before

did i mention i hate cooking?? this is why we go out to eat so much, it's just soo much easier and less disappointing!! i feel like such a rotten mom though, i'm a SAHM and can't cook. bleh.

I used to feel like this also. Then I took a cooking class with the chef at a local restaurant. It was a great experience and I learned so much. I also got way more brave in the kitchen because I felt like I could make at least 1 good thing! Now I cook a lot more and am willing to try more things even if I know that I will occasionally totally bomb out. It is a lot less than it used to be. Maybe a class would help?
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

Radosti is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a feral cat colony on the next street over from our house that benefits from situations like this. But I am usually a good cook, so my problem is usually that I just cook too much food. I've been trying to not create as much waste lately. The one thing that throws me is when DH has lunch meetings and therefore does not take lunch with him.
    DS1 12/05
    DS2 06/08
    DD 11/09

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts

♥ms.pacman♥ is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaKath View Post

I used to feel like this also. Then I took a cooking class with the chef at a local restaurant. It was a great experience and I learned so much. I also got way more brave in the kitchen because I felt like I could make at least 1 good thing! Now I cook a lot more and am willing to try more things even if I know that I will occasionally totally bomb out. It is a lot less than it used to be. Maybe a class would help?
    yeah a class would be nice..though for me i think i'd need 10 classes to be up to par! i do have many books on cooking and i manage to cook quite a bit when i was graduate school, but back then i could spend 3+ hrs and take my time on something and actually enjoy it, not like now when i'm rushing to get everything done before baby starts fussing too much, etc.

its tough because i'm the opposite of my mom, she loves loves to cook, and would cook EVERY DAY and it would always be something good. she doesn't even use recipes, she just puts things together and they taste great. wish i could do that. the only thing i can make well are desserts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2