Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I don't mind bra shopping because generally speaking (when not pregnant or nursing) I have no boobs whatsoever so it doesn't really matter. Not sure if that's a blessing or a curse.

Jeans shopping is miserable. I'm 6' tall and pretty thin (size 2-4 pre-pregnancy...yeah, yeah, poor me), so all of the regular jeans are too short and I have to buy really expensive ones to get them long enough. Which means a full day of trying on about a million pairs of jeans and spending a small fortune just to get a few pairs that fit well.

I hate bathing suit shopping because my thighs and butt are my least favorite parts of my body, so while I have good luck with tops, it takes forever to find something that will work on bottom. I was actually excited about needing a maternity suit this year since nobody looks cute in those anyway.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JoyNChrist View Post

Jeans shopping is miserable. I'm 6' tall and pretty thin (size 2-4 pre-pregnancy...yeah, yeah, poor me), so all of the regular jeans are too short and I have to buy really expensive ones to get them long enough. Which means a full day of trying on about a million pairs of jeans and spending a small fortune just to get a few pairs that fit well.
    I'm not as tall as you (5'7") but I have long legs (34" inseam) so I have to buy the expensive jeans too but they last forever and are so worth it. I have the best luck with Citizens of Humanity, Joe Jeans, and Paige.
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I feel your pain. My strategy is to stock up when I find jeans and bras I like, so I don't have to do this type of shopping as often!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Bras are great! No problem with shopping for them. I don't hate bathing suit shopping but don't love it either (ask me again on a feeling fat day). Jean shopping I loathe.

Beth

Once I stopped trying to wear VS crappy bras, with their joke-sized DDs, bra shopping got a lot better. Now I don't mind it, especially since I discovered there ARE pretty bras for the well-endowed.

Jeans, I just find something and stick to it. Dark-wash SOHO by DKNY was my go to pre-kids. Now it's the dark wash Target jeans with stretch. Trying on jeans after jeans is a friggin' nightmare. I really wanted some of the Gap 1969 jeans, but the thought of going in and trying them on, ugh. (regulars are too short, longs too long, gapping waist, tight thighs. Ugh!!!)

Swimsuits...well my last one I took my own measurements and ordered from LE. It fits better than any suit I've had in a long time. But it's from LE, which means I'm old. Sigh.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
    For bras, go to Nordstroms. Get properly fitted. You'll be in and out in no time and you will LOVE the bra. I have a few from there and it took all the hellishness out of the experience. They aren't cheap, but they are always my favourite go-to bras!
    Unless you're in Michigan and skip Norstoms completely. I tried 2 years ago and again a few weeks ago. Horrible experience. Two years ago the size they told me I was was around 2" short of actually being able to be hooked. I had 2 kids with me, so had hoped to be fast. Um not. Turns out it was the biggest nursing bra they carried, so it was "my size".

Last month, I tried again. She measured and brought about 6 Wacoal bras in. Every one poked me in the armpit with the underwire. She said that just happens with the size. I asked about the part in the middle being flat on my breast bone. She said it's a good fit, even if it's up to an inch off me.

I walked to Macy's and tried on various sizes and brands myself. I love the bra I have now - it fits. It's flat against me. It doesn't poke me. It's a band size smaller and cup size bigger than Nordstrom said. It's not Wacoal, but even the right size Wacoal fit me better than the size Nordstom insisted I was. It's a Chantelle and it's the most comfortable bra I've owned ever.
    Kris

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I like bra shopping because I can go with no kids

Jeans - I went to Gap to buy what I liked and they discontinued them. Ebay was my friend.
    Kris

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I like nordies bra shopping. Jeans and Swimsuits BLAH. YUCK.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

I don't mind bra shopping that much, but I also had a blah experience at Nordstrom. I have resorted to ordering Lands End bathing suits online and trying on in the privacy of my own home. I guess I am old too! To make it worse, I have a huge surgical scar on my right hip/thigh, so only skirted suits for me! For jeans, I have had good luck lately at the Gap.

Quote Originally Posted by KathyN115 View Post
    I have resorted to ordering Lands End bathing suits online and trying on in the privacy of my own home. I guess I am old too! To make it worse, I have a huge surgical scar on my right hip/thigh
    Wow, me too! I've had it since I was 9 years old. I used to be self-conscious about it and wore a lot of boy short bottoms. But in college I rocked a bikini and just ignored it (if ONLY I had that body now!!) I don't think about it now at all, occasionally someone will ask what happened, and I always am kind of surprised it's still there. Have you had yours long?
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast