Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

We loved the Phil & Ted's one until the girls were about 2.5 years old!

I love our Pea Pod Plus (we have two). I wish I had gotten them earlier instead of pnp. They are so lightweight and compact. I think you can usually find them for $89 but often you can find a deal. My DC are 2 and 3 and they still fit very comfortably in them.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Sorry to threadjack, but in my quest for a sleeping space for #3 (due in Sept.), this thread has me rethinking the P&P. For those of you with the Bjorn Travel Crib Light or the Phil & Ted's Traveller, is the mattress better/more comfy for baby than a P&P? We have amilitary move coming up, but most likely not until baby is a good 7-8 months old. DH would really love to get a crib when we move (due to current space issues). Would these 2 options be better than a P&P do you think?

Thanks!

czekit7 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We use a Travel Lite PNP...uses a bassinet sheet. Has a bassinet level, and then lower level for later on when the baby is over 15#. I use it at my MIL when I have to stay in town for my on-call-nights (I'm a nurse). He's now in the lower level (17#), but still works great. Got it on clearance for $50 at Baby Depot.

My son sleeps in the Nap Nanny all night every night! I wouldn't worry about it! That's the only place where he sleeps soundly and so I let him sleep there. I think that's what it's meant for! If your child sleeps well there I would just let him sleep there! It's so easy to travel with too! I bring it everywhere. And so easy to just take the cover right off when I get home to clean it! LOVE the Nap Nanny!

A drawback to the Bjorn crib is that it doesn't have that raised bassinet level, so you'd be putting baby alllll the way down in the bottom of the crib every time. If I was looking for a smaller/portable crib to use as a primary bed for a few months, I think I'd go with an Arm's Reach co-sleeper (or mini)...they have higher weight limits on the bassinet.

BTW, I got my Bjorn crib yesterday and it is awesome and ridiculously light. And it really is *that* easy to set up/take down.
    Emma in Bermuda
    Mama to furkids Beau and Mattie
    DS1 born June 2010
    DS2 born November 2012

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thx again everyone for all the helpful comments!!

i went to order the Bjorn travel crib on amazon but then realized that with the regular shipping i would not get it in time for our trip this weekend. so i took twowhat?'s advice and when we got to my in-laws' i just put a folded up towel underneath the "mattress" of their PnP, so at least the bar in the center wasn't in his back or anything. anyway, that worked beautifully..DS slept thru both nights without making a peep! yay.

though when we got back we both realized that we still would like a lightweight travel crib for when we travel by air or when we have to stay at a hotel, like we will next weekend when we go out of town. we went to BuyBuyBaby yesterday and checked out the Bjorn travel crib and we both liked it. the mattress did seem more comfy. So, i just went to amazon today to order it and noticed that the Bjorn crib had just dropped in price..from $235 to $219!! yay!! so i guess it's great that i waited until now to order the crib. anyway, i signed up for a free trial membership of amazon prime and got 2day shipping so i can get it before we leave for out trip in a week.

anyways, thanks again everyone for all the helpful advice!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 04-28-2010 at 02:22 PM.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I hope it works out great!

Where'd you get the prime trial?

Beth

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I hope it works out great!

Where'd you get the prime trial?

Beth
    thanks..i just got it when i went to order from amazon and it was showing me the shipping options, and it said i could get free 2 day shipping if i signed up for a trial of amazon prime. i was surprised it was letting me get another trial since i had gotten one (and canceled it) before (but this was *years* ago). i think it even said something like "we're giving you another chance to try prime" or something or other..

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

late to the thread BUT you must check out the Fisher Price Rock and Play Sleeper - it's incredible...... my newborn wasn't loving sleeping flat on his back in the PnP, so we got this - and he hasn't grunted once! lol It folds very easily and is fairly inexpensive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast