Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do you save greeting cards....

that you or you dc receive ? I always hate to throw them out, but can't see the point in keeping them all. I usually just save the ones my dh or dc give me.

Ann

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I feel like I shouldn't throw them away, so they usually sit on an end table for about a week...until I throw them away...
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yes, I have them in a box on my shelves. My mom bought me a box specifically for storing cards so it looks nice.

Beth

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I do. I love looking at the old cards I have stashed away.

ewpmsw is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I recycle mine and am considering sending them to our children's museum for artsy-crafty stuff. DH saves every, single last one, even the generic ones from his schools and the pics of kids he's never met and will never meet, whose names he doesn't know. After a few years of accumulation, I get his permission to put a pile into the recycle bin.

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I save the ones from DH and DD........my MIL gave me a cool idea of taking off the front of the card and using it as a gift card tag. She does this with her old Christmas cards to use for the following year's Christmas...and then saves other cards to use for birthday presents and stuff during the rest of the year.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

We used to save them all, and kept moving our growing collection with us every time we moved (which has been a lot over the 12 years we've been married). Finally, before our last move, which we hope to be our last in a long time, we decided we'd given the cards the proper amount of sentimental treatment and tossed them all. Now I don't keep any cards except for the photocards that friends/family send us. My husband and I both get lots of corporate/business holiday cards, and I used to save those and cut up the pretty parts for Christmas gift tags. I suppose if I'm no longer keeping any other cards for sentimental reasons, I could do the same with all other cards, but I haven't. Somehow seems wrong, but, logically, cutting them up for reuse is certainly better than just tossing them whole into the trash after a while.

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Cards that DS receives are put into a photobox we got from Michaels. I did this because my mom saved a bunch of cards I got as a child and put them in a scrapbook which I now have and treasure. Those vintage cards are really cool.

However, the box has filled up and I'm not sure what I'll do now. For present they are all in a pile that I just move around instead of filing.

I need to bite the bullet and get rid of all the cards that didn't come from family. That should get some room in my box for a little while (why solve when I can delay the issue?)

I do currently save cards we get except those that are business related which get recycled as pps mentioned, cut up and used as decoration/new cards, etc. Xmas cards specifically get put in a gallon size ziploc and stored in the Xmas card box, but when that runs out of room? - I don't know.

I need to declutter and this sounds like part of the problem. I save too much - I cringe when I see those horders -buried alive commercials (I'm not THAT bad, yet.)
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not typically- just the really sappy ones.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Carrots is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I saved the cards from when DD was born and for her first b.day. I just can't keep other cards because the clutter drives me nuts.
    Kristen
    Mom to:
    DD, A 5 years
    DD, K 3 years

and my three born sleeping

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast