Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: smoking - WHY?!

Angry

The worst is in Disney when I see lots of parents smoking in the smoking section outside of the castle with their kids right there with them surrounded by numerous smokers. It's so disturbing and gross!
    SAHM to:

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

On May 1 our public smoking ban goes into effect, though - yay!!!! It will be nice to not have to worry about it when we go out to dinner. Not sure what kind of impact it will have in regards to people just smoking while walking around, though.
    Wait, give me a moment. I want to go see what Hell looks like all frozen over.

Michigan passed this?!?! I am shocked! Totally stoked and couldn't be happier, but shocked! I was so glad to move back to California from Michigan because I thought it was so stupid that restaurants and bars were exempt from the smoke-free workplace legislation. What, restaurant and bar workers aren't people? They don't count? I guess they do now. Yay! (No plans to move back to MI, though.)

I also didn't know that CA did not allow smoking in a car with children. That is great news!

To the OP, I absolutely think it's child abuse and don't understand why it is not considered such by the law.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Oh, I don't fault you at all for judging that woman. I would feel the same exact way. I can't stand it when ppl smoke too, esp if there are kids around and it invades into other ppl's air!

I once got stuck in traffic and a car close to me had a bumper sticker that said: "Abortion: The worst form of child abuse." As I drove past the car, I noticed that the woman driving it was smoking a cigarette, with the window barely cracked and two young children in the back seat (not in carseats of course)!!! I felt like yelling at her!
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3