deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Dave & Buster's - games for little kids?

Does Dave & Buster's have games for younger kids? Like 5-6 years old?
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

I always thought of Dave & Busters as more of an adult venue. I guess they have all the classic games, though, so if your kiddos like basic video games (like PacMan) or things like skee ball then I'm sure they'll be entertained. I do think Dave & Busters restricts or limits under-age kids past some point in the evening, so you'd want to check on that if you were planning on going later in the day.
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

We've taken DD there (she's almost 3) and she liked it- lots of flashing lights to entertain It was a little scary how quickly we went through $$ there since you have to load a card with credits and then each game is worth varying credits- you don't realize how much you're spending! She liked earning tickets to get a prize at the end of the night and they had a variety of prizes for different ages. I vaguely remember games like skeeball and Dance Dance Revolution being a hit with her- slightly older kids with better hand/eye coordination will probably enjoy some of the racing games. I think your guys will enjoy it.

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know it's not ideal, but we are trying to find a place to meet up with some friends tonight where we can eat and they can play and run around a little. The indoor play place we were going to go to closes at 6pm weeknights, and it's raining so the park is not an option. We just can't go to Chuck E Cheese again right now, we've hit overload on that.
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

Quote Originally Posted by deborah_r View Post
    I know it's not ideal, but we are trying to find a place to meet up with some friends tonight where we can eat and they can play and run around a little. The indoor play place we were going to go to closes at 6pm weeknights, and it's raining so the park is not an option. We just can't go to Chuck E Cheese again right now, we've hit overload on that.
    In that case I think you'll be just fine! It's definitely a better alternative to Chuck E Cheese for meeting up with friends The other poster is right, though: you can really blow through $$ if you're not careful! I think they have some kind of deal where you can get food + game credits for a slight discount. Anyway, have fun!
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can't remember where you live but if this place is close I recommend it! The food is actually decent too!

http://www.kidscastleusa.com/

ohiomom1121 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We've taken the kids there plenty of times and they love it. They play the horse race game (roll balls into holes to make the horse move), skeeball, some game where they have to move a bucket to catch falling balls (looks like an apple tree), and they love the ones where you spin something and it basically spits out lots of tickets based on the number you land on. Definitely lots to do there for little ones. Oh, and if they sit on your laps they can usually control the car racing game. Have fun!

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've grown to really be completely OVER D&B. However, for what you're doing, I think you can make do. Especially with things like skee ball, the bball games, whackamole, and that kind of thing. Hope you have a nice time!
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.