moxie is offline Bronze level (10+ posts)

Default Do I need a mattress or mattress pad for pack n play?

We are planning to use a Chicco Lullaby Playard for our infant to sleep in for the first few months. Do you recommend that we just put a pack n play sheet over the pad that comes with the playard, or should we get a special mattress and/or mattress pad and then put a sheet over it? thank you!!

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We use the pad that came with our PNP for our DD

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We put absorbent pads from BRU under our PnP sheets. Babies do urp more than many sheets can handle.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We just used the sheet, but the absorbent pad is a good idea too.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

The chicco mattress cover is really easy to wash if you need to, but I just use a sheet or a receiving blanket under the baby. If she's having an especially pukey day I use a sheet saver. One note about the chicco; you can't fasten the play arch (I don't know what it's technically called) to the mattress with the sheet on. We leave the changing table up and wedge the arch between the sides of the pnp and the changer. I *sparkly heart* the chicco.

twodogs is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Love this lady's sheets for the PNP, as they snap all the way around. She also makes a really nice PNP waterproof mattress pad, which comes in mighty handy during those first months of diaper explosions and spit up. You really can't wash the PNP mattress if it gets soiled, so I ALWAYS used a mattress pad or waterproof pad under the sheet. Hate to ruin the entire PNP over one diaper!

http://www.sweetpeasheirlooms.com/packnplaysheets.htm

Quote Originally Posted by twodogs View Post
    Love this lady's sheets for the PNP, as they snap all the way around. She also makes a really nice PNP waterproof mattress pad, which comes in mighty handy during those first months of diaper explosions and spit up. You really can't wash the PNP mattress if it gets soiled, so I ALWAYS used a mattress pad or waterproof pad under the sheet. Hate to ruin the entire PNP over one diaper!

http://www.sweetpeasheirlooms.com/packnplaysheets.htm
    I second this lady's sheets. I bought from her seven years ago for DS and will use the sheets for baby #3 due any day. They are great quality and stay in place.
    Stacey
    Mama to DS '03
    DD '06
    and DD '10

for Samuel