Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I use allrecipes.com a lot (on the rare occation that I cook, as DH is our primary chef here).

As for favorite cookbooks, we have several of the Williams Sonoma cookbooks that are particular to specific places (we have Paris, London, Barcelona and Florence). The recipes are excellent, but can be difficult. But, the pictures are amazing and the books are more about the general cuisine and culture of the place than they are about just different recipes. I love them.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    My inspiration is magazines (Bon Appetit, Cooking Light, Vegetarian Times) and blogs. The only cookbook I really ever refer to is The Joy of Cooking.
    Though I mostly read America's Test Kitchen. I had a subscription to Cooking Light almost a decade ago and saved all of them so I have a good stash to pull from.

Beth

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by turtle12 View Post
    does anyone have a recommendation for an asian cookbook? thanks!
    What do you like? I have countless cookbooks that fall into the asian category.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    My inspiration is magazines (Bon Appetit, Cooking Light, Vegetarian Times) and blogs. The only cookbook I really ever refer to is The Joy of Cooking.
    I am basically the same. And I would say that www.epicurious.com has never let me down if I am looking for something a little different. I do have a variety of books, but nothing that I go to all the time, usually speciality books.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I do use my Betty Crocker Slow Cooker cookbook a lot. It's got great pictures.

http://www.amazon.com/Betty-Crockers.../dp/0028634691
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ezcc View Post
    I use the Six O'Clock Scramble cookbook almost every week. She does a email meal planning service (I'm assuming still, I got it a few years ago) and came out with a cookbook. It has a week's meal planned out and it's divided by seasons- I usually make 3 or 4 meals out of the book each week and find it wonderful for the planning aspect- she suggests sides for each meal etc. Planning is the hard part for me so the cookbook is wonderful for that aspect and her recipes tend to be pretty easy and popular with my family. Highly recommend!
    Me too. She still has the service and she just came out with a second cookbook. I love that the meals are both quick to put together and healthy. And I love the fact that each menu comes with a shopping list. For whatever reason, it's often the shopping list part that messes me up. When I make the list, I almost always forget a key ingredient. When I use a Scramble list, it always works out.

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ezcc View Post
    I use the Six O'Clock Scramble cookbook almost every week. She does a email meal planning service (I'm assuming still, I got it a few years ago) and came out with a cookbook. It has a week's meal planned out and it's divided by seasons- I usually make 3 or 4 meals out of the book each week and find it wonderful for the planning aspect- she suggests sides for each meal etc. Planning is the hard part for me so the cookbook is wonderful for that aspect and her recipes tend to be pretty easy and popular with my family. Highly recommend!
    I subscribed to the service years ago and we still use a lot of her recipes. I didn't know she had a cookbook - I will have to look into that. The meal planning part didn't work for me because we are so picky we need to make our own weekly plan, but I liked several of the recipes!

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love cookbooks, but I have recently subscribed to Cooks Illustrated online and tend to go that first when I have a general idea of what I want. I used to use Allrecipes a fair bit, but had more "misses." With CI, I almost always get a good result because the recipes are very detailed.
    Mommy to
    DD1 (12/06)
    DS (6/08)
    DD2 (10/11)

Speaking of the Six O'Clock Scramble cookbooks, here's one that just came out and I was going to mention it to you all (seeing as how we're all talking about eating more "green" here recently).

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0312578113?...7R9FY1SPXYXZ6&

I don't have it yet, but it's on my wish list!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Quote Originally Posted by cvanbrunt View Post
    What do you like? I have countless cookbooks that fall into the asian category.
    thanks! anything, really, just not too complicated and with not too many ingredients, and kid-friendly (not spicy). love chinese, korean, vietnamese...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast